Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much sleep do YOU get during the school nights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wish I could spend my time at hooters.

Comment

Oh no! It's 11 pm, I've been up since 6; it means I must have been wasting my time all day. I've gotten so much done, yet....such an empty feeling with all that wasted time [I guess].

Oh well. Better just go to bed then.

Comment

Im still up, going to stay up and going to test my strengths of sleep. Ive already missed one assignment in compositing class and thats probably because I went to sleep over the weekend over the other projects I had to do. If I only I had insominia, then I would be happy. :)

Comment

im still up working on print and web stuff

Comment

Yeah I'm still up doing stuff, for both 3D and web1 (much worse over the weekend). But I'm not complaining (hehe).
            Pi Studios

Comment

I complain all the time about sleep rather than 3d. I love 3d, I just wish we weren’t so dependant on sleep. Because you know things can really get done when you’re in a crazy haze staring at your computer monitor in the middle of the night. That’s how I can think the best, when everyone in my house is no longer blabbing their useless mouths and I can actually think and concentrate and create, and wow you get the point!

Comment

lmao...you guys are freaking crazy. i average around 3-4 hours a day--sleep is way over-rated :D

Comment

i dont know about yall, but I can't function without my sleep.
                  at least 7 hrs for me. Am I wasting my time? nope. i love to sleep!

Comment

well, Im the spoiled idgit compared to you guys, I allways sleep until 9 from midnight. 9 hours of sleep is just right. On the flip side I dont have to work (thank goodness for scholerships and a free ride policy that they grant =). but on top of other things usualy I dont work my self to death on anything these days. btw if you eat banana's it makes up for the seritonine you lose from sleep which is an agent that actually makes you happy and less grumpy, more seriene like. (sex also does this btw). just some advice for you insomniacs

Comment

Nine hours of sleep....wow. And you're in 3D....? Enjoy it while you can. By the time you're done with 3D I, it'll be hard to get 9 hours of sleep a night. And 3D II and beyond....man the sleep depravation is barely beginning.

The scary thing is, work in the industry isn't much better. You're probably getting more sleep now than you'll get for the first 5-8years of your career. That must be why you're saving it all up now.

Comment

who cares about getting no sleep in the industry. If I got a job, then I can afford some caffene.

Comment

This thread is making me tired! :)
                          ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

From cnn.com
                            "Sleeping poorly can have severe consequences. The Archives of Internal Medicine links sleep deprivation to heart disease.

Poor sleep also causes fatigue, depression and poor concentration.

Each year, sleep deprivation contributes to about 100,000 car accidents with 1,500 deaths. "

and

Top Ten Sleep tips from the National Sleep Foundation (click for more descriptions of the tips)

"1. Keep a regular sleep schedule
                            2. Avoid caffeine
                            3. Avoid nicotine
                            4. Avoid alcohol
                            5. Don't eat or drink too much close to bedtime
                            6. Exercise at the right time promotes sleep
                            7. Use relaxing bedtime rituals
                            8. Create a sleep-promoting environment
                            9. Associate your bed with sleep and sex only
                            10. Limit sleep time in bed. "
                            Last edited by hopper2k; September 24, 2003, 20:49.
                            Pi Studios

Comment

My brother-in-law has the following phrase taped to his mirror:

8 Hours of Work
                              8 Hours of Sleep
                              8 Hours of Free Time

I guess free time means home work for him (he's in school too...)
                              ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Caffine has never kept me up at all. Instantly after drinking it I become drained and twice as tired as I was before and in consequence making alot of mistakes in homework. And do remember what I told you guys who like to stay up all night to help the effects of grumpyness(mainly #9 on the list=). Plus caffine also changes your brain chemestry where it becomes an addict agent.

Comment

Working...
                                X