Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with lights in SciFi level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with lights in SciFi level

I was finishing up adding in sounds, lights, and particles to my SciFi level, and I don't know what happened, but all the exponential height fog just kind of vanished from the whole level. I've looked into my blueprints for my lights and nothing is wrong, and I have looked at the settings for my post processing volume, and nothing is wrong with it. Even lights that were already baked and ready to go just lost all fog. I have a screenshot of how it looks if that helps.

Also, any new lights that I add, don't seem to be building shadows correctly.

Comment

So I'd start by checking to see if you still have and Exponential Height Fog object in your scene (check in the World Outliner). Also, make sure that your lights (especially if you're using a prefab) is actually set to Stationary.

Comment

So, I looked at the exponential height fog, and even added a new one, and nothing would change the fog, it just isn't showing up, volumetric height fog is on, and I have messed with the density a ton, with nothing ever happening. I have set all my lights to stationary multiple times, and built them, but they still don't end up building like they did originally, it's like there is less light then there was when I first added them somehow, even when I up the intensity.

Comment

Things I did before I started having the problem are now really dark, like the spawn room, used to be decently lit, but now it is dark... and while some of the darkness I'm getting from the problem kind of goes with the ambient music I have, it still gets too dark in some places, and the seem off, sort of like all the lights in the level stopped making shadows when the lights are built, and the fog also isn't there.

Comment

Have you tried putting in a light without the geometry? Just an Unreal light source in the scene?

Comment

Working...
            X