Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error when trying to import back to maya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when trying to import back to maya

Warning: smoothing group problem at polyon 2
    Warning: smoothing group problem at polyon 48
    Warning: smoothing group problem at polyon 360
    Warning: smoothing group problem at polyon 313
    Wrong texture vertex index 3489 in OBJ file line 12106

Im getting this error when i try to take my model back to maya and it doesnt import the model, it exports it it just doesnt import it after ive unwrapped the uvs. Anybody knows why is this?

Thanks
    "Just like this space is about live/work, about pushing the artifact away from narcissism and into productivity, into possibility, into humility, into changing, by taking on less and giving it more or taking on more but doing it less."

Gotta clean your history before exporting. Anytime you're going to take a model or any asset to another application, you want to minimize the variables as much as you can. In Maya this means getting rid of the hundreds of history nodes that can build up along the way.

Also, don't use Smooth.

Comment

Still having problems importing

I deleted all my history and I don't have a smooth on and its still not letting me. I dont know if this has anything to do with it? or is it a problem with geometry?

again thanks

file -f -new;
      // ./untitled //
      commandPort -securityWarning -name commandportDefault;
      updateRendererUI;
      pv_performAction "D:/School/3D 1/ME_Model/data/Roadkill.obj" "Best Guess";
      file -import -type "OBJ" -gr -ra true -rdn -namespace "Roadkill" -options "mo=1" -pr -loadReferenceDepth "all" "D:/School/3D 1/ME_Model/data/Roadkill.obj";
      // Error: line 0: OBJ file line %d: index out of range for face creation. //
      // Error: Error reading file. //
      "Just like this space is about live/work, about pushing the artifact away from narcissism and into productivity, into possibility, into humility, into changing, by taking on less and giving it more or taking on more but doing it less."

Comment

where are you taking it to? Roadkill? Modo? Bodypaint?

Also, are you using File>Open, or Import (try both)?

Comment

Fixed

got it fixed thanks, it was a poly on the ears that was causing problems

Comment

Working...
          X