Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maya 8 Problems with Nvidia Geforce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya 8 Problems with Nvidia Geforce

Any 3d students in the market for a new video card should take a look at this thread.
    http://boards.polycount.net/showflat...68&an=0&page=0
    Nvidia GeForce GPUs

There are many cards based on GeForce GPU chipsets. Nvidia and Autodesk do not recommend these cards for use with Maya as you may experience various refresh, display and stability problems and inadequate performance. We suggest you choose from Nvidia's workstation cards instead, such as the Quadro families which are much better suited to high-end 3D packages such as Maya.

I'm using an Nvidia Geforce in my laptop, and it's doing very well with Maya. Hm

Comment

Yeah, both of those posts are true. I know that I've got a Geforce, and until the most recent driver update, I'd have to swap between four views and one view several times before the system would display right. But with the latest version - it's all good. Man, it was irritating trying to get that to work - I lost way, way too much time fighting with my hardware.

The kicker is that the workstation line are always more expensive. Buggers.

Comment

Working...
      X