Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick render

Well I haven't posted here in a loooooong time. I've been working on beefing up my portfolio and lots of other stuff.

Just wanted to see what opinions everyone had on this particular shot.

Questions/comments welcome. (Pay no attention to the horse in the Lincoln log house, it's an inside joke w/ some friends.

-Jerry
    About to start life @ the SMU guildhall :D

Wow, 50 views with no comments. Hmmmm

Comment

I'll give ya some critiques.

first off, compositionaly it's really hard to read at first glance. i'd pull the camera back a little bit so maybe we can see the full glass.

secondly, I'm assuming you are using the mr sun/sky system? that tends to wash a lot of colors out to the renders. I'd do some post work to give the render some more color and mood. I made some adjustments in photoshop to kinda bring out the warm sun.

also if this is for animation, id recommend doing your depth of field in post(with a zdepth pass), that why you can have quicker renders, and you don't get those noisy backgrounds.

Comment

Originally posted by vtecjerry View Post
        Wow, 50 views with no comments. Hmmmm
        I think it's cause it's summer. I've posted something specifically looking for teacher response and have yet to get one :(

Comment

Originally posted by coolian View Post
          I'll give ya some critiques.

first off, compositionaly it's really hard to read at first glance. i'd pull the camera back a little bit so maybe we can see the full glass.

secondly, I'm assuming you are using the mr sun/sky system? that tends to wash a lot of colors out to the renders. I'd do some post work to give the render some more color and mood. I made some adjustments in photoshop to kinda bring out the warm sun.

also if this is for animation, id recommend doing your depth of field in post(with a zdepth pass), that why you can have quicker renders, and you don't get those noisy backgrounds.
          Thanks for the feedback, the angle of the still was really just to show some of the detail in the ice cubes. I've since added some froth or bubbles to the liquid to give it some body. All passes were edited in AE with the exception of the DoF. So the washy color is probably an editing issue on my end, also the contrast/color bay be displaying a bit off on my end, your edit looks extremely hot/orange. The single pass render with the sp sun/final gather was just shy of 22 mins @ 1080 my individual passes got my render times significantly lower. I was blown away at how the diaelectric and MiA materials effect render times. I should have a 1.5 min clip done any day now, so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks again,
          Jerry

Comment

Working...
          X