Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ADDY competition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADDY competition...

I want to get some opinions on what I should enter into the ADDY competition. I'm thinking of either submitting my book covers, the canary logo, the rewind logo, or the rewind project as a whole. Any opinions by anyone?????
    "Hello babies. Welcome to earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies: God damn it, you've got to be kind."

I supposed some pictures of the work might help:

"Hello babies. Welcome to earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies: God damn it, you've got to be kind."

Comment

I like the Rewind project as a whole, and your Birdie Pro Shop logo is genius... I would say think about the book covers and the canary logo. If you think the canary is strong enough to win on it's own then do that one, but if you're having doubts then do the book covers because the logo is on there along with other graphics so the covers might be slightly stronger. but that's my opinion... great stuff though

Comment

Enter it ALL, buster! You'd sweep the awards.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Johnson View Post
          Enter it ALL, buster! You'd sweep the awards.
          This.
          ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

I agree, enter all of them!

Is the whiskey equation a poster? It would work great as an ad associated with a brand.

Comment

So, enter all four of those projects I mentioned?

And, I have thought of making the whiskey piece into something a bit more...but not sure what.

Comment

Do we need to say it again? YES!

Comment

I wasn't sure if you meant all of those, or all of the work in the link I sent...cuz that would have gotten real expensive...will do.

Comment

Greg - if you dont enter I will hunt you down!

APP stuff will be ready for you to pick up by Tuesday next week so come and get it!
                    "No cape darling"

Comment

Quick question: is there a category for motion type or motion graphics? I'd like to enter my Black Angus vid but I'm not sure of what category to enter it in. Animation?

EDIT: Also, Prof. Clayton if you get to this in time, do you remember when I did the Mr. Downtown website from Web II? That was probably before January 1, right? Sorry, my memory is pretty bad.
                      Last edited by JMed; December 4, 2009, 18:52.
                      Message dictates the proper aesthetic.

Comment

Originally posted by JMed View Post
                        Quick question: is there a category for motion type or motion graphics? I'd like to enter my Black Angus vid but I'm not sure of what category to enter it in. Animation?
                        I would say Category 16: Animation.

EDIT: Also, Prof. Clayton if you get to this in time, do you remember when I did the Mr. Downtown website from Web II? That was probably before January 1, right? Sorry, my memory is pretty bad.
                        That project was assigned in November of 2008... but did you add to it or modify it in 2009? ;)

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Thanks much ;)
                          Message dictates the proper aesthetic.

Comment

A note about the ADDYs:

The ADDYs is a competition where there is usually more than one winner per category. They have the right to award BRONZE, SILVER, and GOLD ADDYs in each category.

There can be multiple winners in each award in each category, meaning that in a given category they could award three BRONZE, a SILVER, and two GOLD.

So don't think that your options are limited to first, second and third.

There is also a BEST OF SHOW and a JUDGES CHOICE AWARD. Last year UIW took both of those awards. I hear that there may be a prize attached to the BOS or JCA this year.

So please enter. Your chances are better than you think.

Comment

The Elements of Advertising section that Clayton mentioned is sort of a hybrid section... if you don't know where to put something it can usually fit in there.

Alternatively, if you made the video for a "TV commercial" assignment or if it could be spun into a TV commercial, you could enter it into the Television category.

Comment

Working...
                              X