Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugly sites make money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugly sites make money

Interesting article: http://www.site-reference.com/articl...-Websites.html

"As a person who puts business before technology, a profitable website is a website is an unbelievably attractive website to me."

Is that a typo or can I not read? :p I read that sentence about 10 times and finally gave up on it.

I agree that some people might connect with a "ugly" website because they might feel more involved with an individual than a big company. But it also has alot to do with who you are marketing to. Alot of websites are aimed directly at consumers but not all... and I think the minute AT&T throws out a homemade looking website it won't necessarily mean their page hits, ratings or e-revenue will go up.

Comment

Heh, looks like he forgot a "that":

"As a person who puts business before technology, a profitable website is a website that is an unbelievably attractive website to me."

I think he sums it up well by saying that it's not so much because the site is ugly, but because it is easy to use. So many times I've seen websites where they put visuals over usability...

Comment

For what it's worth, I refuse to browse craiglist because it is so ugly. Although I have no real beef with Ebay, I use it all the time.

Comment

Yeah, I never used it either for the same reason. Then I found out most of my non-techie business friends use it. Fairly surprising... It's a good resource.

Comment

Yeah, I know alot of the talent(actor/vo/etc) to be found around town for different advertising agencies is done through craigslist... heh.

Comment

Working...
            X