Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creative Summit -- Portfolio Drop Off (Clayton makes a run to San Marcos on Wed!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Summit -- Portfolio Drop Off (Clayton makes a run to San Marcos on Wed!)

Students entering the competition may deliver their portfolios to the Holiday Inn Express (108 IH 35 N) in San Marcos on Wednesday, March 24, between 4 and 8 pm, or on Thursday, March 25, between 9 and 10 am.
    Since I do not have any obligations (i.e. classes or meetings or the like), I will be more than happy to make a trip up to San Marcos on Wednesday to drop off portfolios.

For those of you that would like to take advantage of this, please have your entries ready and in a portfolio case (that is clearly marked with your name and school) and bring them to Wanda in AD112 by Noon, Wednesday March 24th.

I will then pick them up and take them to San Marcos.

Please follow the directions listed here for your entries:

http://www.creativesummit.com/portfolios.html

If you are going to take me up on this offer... post a little note here so that I can be expecting your portfolio.
    Last edited by ProfClayton; March 21, 2010, 20:49.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

... oh, you will be getting your portfolios back. You can pick them up on Friday or at the event on Saturday during lunch.

Portfolio Pickup
    Portfolio cases/bags may be picked up at the Holiday Inn Express (108 IH 35 N) on Friday, March 26 between 9:00 am and 12:00 noon, or on Saturday, March 27 at the Alkek Library Theater during the lunch break from 12 - 1 pm. Any entrants not attending the Creative Summit must make arrangements to have their portfolio cases/bags picked up at that time. All artwork accepted into the show must be picked up after the awards presentation on Saturday, March 27.
    The Creative Summit is not responsible for any portfolios or artwork left behind or not picked up by 6 pm on Saturday, March 27.

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

And concerning electronic entries...

Requirements for Electronic Entries
      Label each CD-ROM, DVD or submitted piece with student's name, address, phone number, school information and name of piece. Please do not submit slides. All electronic entries must be submitted on a non-returnable Macintosh based CD-ROM or data DVD. (No ZIP or Floppy Discs will be accepted). All entries must be self-running applications. These pieces will be copied to another Mac for presentation purposes. Files must run independently and without access to the original disc once copied. All pieces should run on OSX. Items that do not run on OSX will not be accepted. All movie projects should be saved and submitted in the Quicktime file format without any special plug-ins. Size should be 640 pixels X 480 pixels at 15 frames per second using the best video code available. We recommend using MPEG-4 Video if at all possible. Web site entries can be submitted with URLs from online web sites for judging but you must also include all relevant files for the website to run without web access. No web access will be available at the show for any website pieces that may be accepted. Please submit high resolution color laser printouts in case we experience any technical difficulties with your website. If you have any other questions please email Emily Duckett at HILL at emily@hillonline.com.

Comment

If we are doing a stationary do we have to mount every piece separate?
        We'll never be as young as we are tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by west65 View Post
          If we are doing a stationary do we have to mount every piece separate?
          In the past I have seen systems mounted on one board there.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks.
            We'll never be as young as we are tonight.

Comment

Portfolio pickup concern...

It seems that I can't get anyone to work my shifts for Friday and Saturday (Creative Summit days). Therefore, can someone bring back my portfolio back to San Antonio after the show? Otherwise, I can't submit my work for the contest.

Comment

I will take you up on your offer.:)

Comment

Originally posted by Edward3 View Post
                  It seems that I can't get anyone to work my shifts for Friday and Saturday (Creative Summit days). Therefore, can someone bring back my portfolio back to San Antonio after the show? Otherwise, I can't submit my work for the contest.
                  We'll bring it back for you Eddie.
                  Originally posted by tsambrano View Post
                  I will take you up on your offer.:)
                  :up:

Comment

i will be taking you up on that offer too.

small question, i cant seem to find a specific answer on the website: do the boards have to be 16x20, or are we supposed to be cutting down the boards to fit the pieces?

Comment

Originally posted by ellice909 View Post
                      i will be taking you up on that offer too.

small question, i cant seem to find a specific answer on the website: do the boards have to be 16x20, or are we supposed to be cutting down the boards to fit the pieces?
                      I had that question too... because I have a couple of logos I would like to turn in, but didn't want to mount a 4x4 or 5x5 logo on a 16x20 board.

Comment

Either way.

In the past, the boards have been cut smaller at the show.

Comment

Hey sir, if there's a logo or two that I did at my internship that wasn't used, am I allowed to enter those into the competition? Technically, I did work with Johnson a little on them in senior port last semester...

Comment

moose-

Generally in competitions, if it's your work it's eligible. A class project, your personal project etc. Be honest to credit anyone else who had a significant role (except maybe us teacher types), but if it's your work—send it in. They will let you know if they don't like it.

Go for it.
                            "No cape darling"

Comment

I'll drop my portfolio off to Wanda as well.
                              Message dictates the proper aesthetic.

Comment

Working...
                              X