Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gregory Rigdon - Snake Amazon Rain Forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregory Rigdon - Snake Amazon Rain Forest

Gregory Rigdon

Updated: 12/18/2021
    Last edited by Greg; December 18, 2021, 13:03.

A few things:
    - The composition overall is good, definitely continue capturing the essence of that reference you used originally.
    - The snake probably needs to be redone. I'd sculpt the head in symmetry, paying close attention to masses, and then use a curve brush for the body. The scales need closer attetion as well, as we discussed, to make sure they follow the flow of the body as they do for real snakes.
    - Speaking of snakes, make sure you find some tutorials on how to better respect your elders.
    - The trees need to be redone, they feel too toy-like. You want to find a reference that won't force you to go from a super thick trunk (suggesting a very large tree) to short, stubby branches. I think some flowy branches that mirror the snake's body in flow and energy would help sell this sneaky nature as well.
    - The colors are on the flatter, more over-saturated side overall. I'd sample from real photos in similar lighting and notice/add much more variation. (THIS IS AFTER ALL THE SCULPTING FIXES ARE DONE)
    - Eventually when the passes are done and good to go, you can definitely drop this into something like unreal or blender to try out some lighting setups. Here's the blender tutorial I made, shoudl help some: https://forums.uiw3d.com/forum/the-l...2-to-blender-3

Good work so far!
    Prof. Leo David Charikar

1. Write it down! If you're not sure, ask.
    2. Where's your reference? Have reference up at all times while working on your art.
    3. Save your work! Back up your work on multiple machines/clouds - the machines are not your friends.
    4. Take your breaks - walk away, stretch your back, legs, arms, and look away from the screen.
    5. Adapt.

Comment

Working...
    X