Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illustrator not loading...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illustrator not loading...

Illustrator refuses to initialize on my computer. I start the program, and the illustrator window comes up telling me it's initializing, and nothing happens. I've uninistalled and reinstalled it. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled CS4 completely. Still nothing. What do I do? Check for a virus??
    "Hello babies. Welcome to earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies: God damn it, you've got to be kind."

Can you give us some more info? Mac/PC? OS? It might help in the trouble shooting.

Comment

It's a PC...I know, I know. Haha. I'm running XP on it.

I've done a boot scan, and no viruses showed up. I checked the other adobe programs, and they all start up right away.

The Illustrator box that pops up while I'm trying to start the program shows that it's stuck trying to read the first font. Also, when I was restarting, some "Font Reader" application was refusing to shut down, so I had to manually click "End Now" so the system could restart. I suppose there's a connection there.

I will try a system restore about a month back and see if that works.
      "Hello babies. Welcome to earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies: God damn it, you've got to be kind."

Comment

Did you try #4 and #5?
        ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Yeah, I'd say kill your prefs and try running it in some sort of safe mode. It might help narrow things down.

Comment

This puppy still won't work

I have tried everything, and I still can't get illustrator to "turn over". I think one of my last remaining options, besides getting a new computer, is to reinstall XP on my computer. Are there certain things I should do before I do this? I will lose all of my saved documents, right?

Comment

If you reformat, you will loose your documents; so if you plan to do it that deeply, make sure you backup everything to an external drive.

You might try running Windows XP's repair routine (it runs right off your XP Installation disc); and sometimes that can solve some of the issues. If it doesn't, you can do a hard-clean install and wipe your drive.

Have you tried uninstalling the Adobe Suite and reinstalling?

Comment

I would reformat and try a fresh install. I have had my photoshop hang and after deleting my preferences it will start up.... but I am not sure how to delete preferences on a PC.

If you are going to back up to an external and reformat - be sure to unplug your external from your computer before doing the reformatting. It sounds stupid but I forgot to and wound up reformatting my entire external as well. Live and learn.
                The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

Comment

Working...
                X