Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding A New Printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding A New Printer

As classes are about to resume (and both my current printers are acting up) I was wondering if any one would have a suggestion for a good printer or a warning of one to steer away from.
    I am looking for one that is just a printer, as I plan on getting a separate scanner.
    Design, imaginations canvas.

Try amazon they usually get you a good deal on a printer. Definitely invest in a large format printer because once you get to the upper division classes you will mostly be printing stuff that are at least 11" x 17". Epson and Cannon are the best printers to get just evaluate what you really value in a printer. Be prepared to also invest in paper and ink.

Comment

Look for at least an 11 X17 full bleed, so 12X18 sheet size minimum (13X 19 might be better). Consider if you want the ability to print CD's as well and/or roll paper. Do you want to print on unusual paper stocks? Tony is right - Epson seems to lead on Mac platforms but most major brands work well (Cannon and HP). The major expenses are ink and paper. Then be prepared to spend time and materials learning exactly how your specific printer works - color tweeks, cleaning, the difference in color between Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop, paper stocks, etc etc. In the long run this is still the best route to go. Savings of money and stress but be prepared to invest time and $$ learning. Maybe think about a "buddy system" with other graphic design majors. You provide the printer and they help you with material costs etc. Y'all will all have the same deadlines anyway.
      "No cape darling"

Comment

Epson America, Inc. Official Site. Product information, drivers, support, and online shopping for Epson products including inkjet printers, ink, paper, projectors, scanners, wearables, smart glasses, POS, robotics, and factory automation.

Best one i have used... i never bought it but students in my class did and allowed me to use it... colors come out great and the dpi out put is very high for crisp images and prints...

Comment

My printer is for sale!

If you're still looking for a printer, I'm selling my 13x19 HP Photosmart B8550. It's in GREAT condition and will definitely last you. I will also throw in the paper I have for it, which is about half a ream of 11x17 and some 8.5x11 glossy. Email me marcus@designsbymoose.com for questions on price if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
          X