Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carlos Razo 3rd Proposal - Gothic Sallet Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Razo 3rd Proposal - Gothic Sallet Helmet

Gothic Sallet Helmet

Attached Files

Is that a real helmet, or a reproduction done (kinda in the style) of a gothic era helmet? Can you give me more information about this helmet? Where was it used/found, etc...?

Comment

It should be the real helmet. It was worn by the knight to battle the Wars of the Roses, and it was invented during the 1450s - 1480s. I found some of the different color of the gothic helmet. But all Gothic Armour is made of steel metal type color. Here's one darker metal color of the Gothic Sallet hemlet. Should I find references for this one?
      Attached Files

Comment

Find the helmet with the most reference. You just have to be careful as there are a lot of companies who make "armor inspired by.....". And while that might be fun, it's not really the point of this course. So make sure you're finding an actual artifact - not a costume shop's knock off.

Comment

Okay, here is the helmet references that I found at The Metropolitan Museum. What about this one?
          Attached Files

Comment

Yup! Approved.

Comment

Carlos Razo

Gothic Sallet Helmet
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X