Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class 11/21: Silhouettes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class 11/21: Silhouettes

Assignment for Monday noon:

Choose a character anatomical (without clothes/armor/weapons etc) design that you find interesting, and write some sentences that makes the design unique.

It’s doesn’t HAVE to be based solely on the silhouette, I use that so we focus more on form and shape as opposed to texture/color. Just covering a person in fur doesn’t make them a cool werewolf, for example.

There is no minimum limit of sentences or words, the point is to get you to work on a habit of observing the design, and curate visual information. A lot of the assignment is going to based on just SELECTING a cool character design.

We’ll finish going over the exercise based on the design of the Hulk on Monday.

Have an awesome and hopefully unstressful Thanksgiving.

Alyssa Campa

Massimo Marcovaldo

For this assignment I chose Massimo Marcovaldo from Luca (Giulia's father in the movie Luca) because his design stuck out to me. Although I could've chosen one of the fish kids, and the movie itself is very stylistic, Massimo stuck out to me being a solid built human character. To point out the obvious, Massimo is missing an arm, but aside from that his long, wide chin and small forehead taken up mostly by his eyebrows makes him look grumpy 24/7. He has a wide body but is cleverly paired with small feet to contrast his broad and intimidating shoulders. His arm is also wide and clearly shows he doesn't lack in working out (or fishing). Though he is a human in a movie full of fishnoids, he still sticks out as the tall scary dad figure the characters learn to love.

Comment

For this assignment I chose Lord Farquuad. He is a very iconic character that has been recognizable for a number of years. His head is quite large compared to the rest of his body, as well as his arms and legs being short and thin. So already from a silhouette point of view, you are looking for a short and quite thin character. Also he is very top heavy meaning he has very broad shoulders and most of his weight is from the top of his body. Another detailing feature is his very wide chin and neck still giving him those very masculine features on a very small body. But usually the major giveaway is his hair. At the top it's flatten and then it poofs out and curls inwards at the end.
      Last edited by mzlexa; November 26, 2022, 19:11.

Comment

Aunesty Garza

Edna "E" Mode

Edna's slick, sophisticated bob radiates independence, along with her nonchalant shoulders weighing back with fearlessness. Despite her short stature, her tiny hands tilt back in demand revealing her sassy nature. Her lips are always curled up in a pout, her nose flaring with disgust like the true snob she is. Her eyes also adjust into a sly squint, analyzing each that comes near. Her overall bodily shape is pointy, and angular, representing her sharp attitude.

Comment

Caleb Garza

Maui

I chose Maui because he has some very defining characteristics that you can point out pretty quickly. He is very large in frame as compared to the other characters in the film. His frame shows strength as a demi god. He also has many tattoos on his body that can tell a story about him without him even saying a word. While he is someone with god status his limps are also short and stumpy as well which could also indicate that he has a big personality that is compensating for his shorter limbs.

Comment

janiah thomas
            PANTY from panty and stocking with garter belt, similar to her sister, features a butch hartman-esq art style with sharp outlined features. her main features that protrude are seen as clean cut edges, cheekbones, elbows, breast, and hip bones. she often sports a cheeky smile and the classic cartoon pretty-girl eyes with long lashes and a bedroom eye dusted with pink eyeshadow. panty is slim and has a sharp triangular silhouette showing off her edgy and hostile personality.

Comment

Eladio Yvarra

Ralph from Wreck it Ralph is very similar to the Hulk. Both are top heavy, with board shoulders, large arms, with a tiny head with no necks, and stubby short legs. There is a lot of emphasis draw towards his cartoonishly large hands which signifies his immense strength. He has a square blocky silhouette, many characters who have a square silhouette are shown to be the strongest in their story because the rigid and solid looking shape of the square looks like. But his silhouette is more rounded especially on his chin than the typical squarish designs to show his kind hearted sign too.

Comment

Carlos Razo

Victor from Corpse Bride. Victor has very long legs, long arms, long fingers, and small feet. The body is a bit wide but narrow from the torso to the hip. Victor has a lanky body type defining himself as a shy and awkward character. The shape of the face is triangular with wide eyes but tiny pupils and a small mouth, small ears, and a small nose. His skin color is very pale and seems he is shy, bumbling, and easily frightened. But wearing a suit makes him show he is very kind but he is timid.

Comment

Ryeesa Edge

I chose Jessica Rabbit. She has a exaggerated hourglass figure. Her shoulders are broad and wider then her hips and her waist is very small. The character is drawn with very curved and rounded features like her hair, face and facial features. Her nose is very small in contrast with her eyes and lips. Her chest and hips are heart shaped and help with the silhouette. The heart shapes and curves can show her personality as a caring and loving character.

Comment

Asiel Aguiar

I chose the TF2 Scout because his long and scrawny figure that exhumes a distinctive quick and nimble shape. His torso is like an upside-down, skinny trapezoid while his legs are skinny twigs. His tiny (unhittable) head also helps convey a sense that this guy is annoying to hit.

Comment

Walker small
                      I chose Death from Dream of the Endless. Her design is to paint the beauty in death, she exudes friendly and charismatic despite her muted colors. Her figure is standard but with a hint of an hourglass figure in some depictions. in all depictions though her eye tattoo is always present as well as her black clothing and gloves.

Comment

Working...
                      X