Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class 09/13: Firming up Grids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class 09/13: Firming up Grids

You can use the grid to help you draw anything

Assignment due Wednesday for class: take a reference photo of either yourself or a friend or a family member that is a human. Clothing and costume design can be however you want, but put some thought into it.

The minimum ask is that the silhouette’s outline must be complete, with all four points clearly visible, so no cropping. Standing where you can see the feet, maybe even jumping in midair. Further in the ask is thinking dynamism, and the opposite of default. Don’t just have your arms out by your sides, point them towards the camera or away. Think twisting and bending the torso. Do the best you can.

Design the outfit, design the pose. The two ways to improve your drawing skills is in the design that’s composed in your head, and the technical skills of drawing that composition out onto the paper. Let’s do the design IRL as the kids say. I’m looking for a dynamic image of a person that you are going to draw. Make sure that the elements are clearly legible, nothing too dark or blurred that you can’t see any details.

Post the image here as soon as possible so I can show you where there might be areas of concern or ambiguity if there are any. I know I said I’d print them but I decided that actually no, you can go ahead and print them yourself. Make sure that the print is clear and bright enough for you to make everything out. (If you CAN’T because you don’t have a printer or can’t use school resources or FedEx, then tell me why along with your image posted here.)

Also, you know what, because we freaking opened up Pandora’s box, along with your photo please put your art-related Instagram or artstation account or any online portfolio you have, I’m curious now.

Comment

James Cordaway III (my little sister was more than happy to pose for me)

(that's the only bit of art on Artstation, i don't have any social media)
      Attached Files

Comment

Cammy Jiang
        my younger cousin

Attached Files
        Last edited by Cammy JXT; September 15, 2021, 08:19.

Comment

Brian Marquez

^^ OneDrive link for extra reference just in case
          Attached Files
          Last edited by bmarquez; September 14, 2021, 20:22.

Comment

Yvette Diaz

Attached Files

Comment

Efrain Dominguez
              Attached Files

Comment

Samantha Olivas

Attached Files

Comment

Raymond Pesina
                  Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0332.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	490.5 KB
ID:	382373 Jim Penalver

Character designer / Animator University of Incarnate Word student
                    Last edited by Jpenalve; September 20, 2021, 16:19.

Comment

Daisy Fuentes
                      Instagram.com/lunarvvitch (mostly food pics)
                      Attached Files

Comment

Annamarie Alvarez

insta: @alvarezzart

I’m not sure which person in the photo l’ll chose so I included both. I know I did not take this photo, but I think it would be a challenging pose to draw!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here are some of my photos. The story is about 'the good old days gone by' for a middle aged guy who has seen a lot of things. He is trying to capture a time when things were good, but also looks disappointed because he isn't sure they were ever really good for the world. H

I do not have any social media, but I will likely try to get some sort of presence in the next months.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X