Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fall 2023 | Texture as Story Turn In Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall 2023 | Texture as Story Turn In Thread

Rules:
    1. Take closeup photos of 3 (three) surfaces that tell a story……and tell me that story.
    2. You must take photos yourself.
    3. No geometry…textures only.(No pile of boards next to broken fence)
    4. Stories don’t need to be elaborate“the worn-down grass area illustrates where the mail truck runs everyday and wears down the surface”
    Due (on forums) before class begins:
    Monday, March 27, 2023

The window sill area illustrates where fallen food and dust accumulate.

The trash can area illustrates both the weathering the metal lid has undergone and shows where liquids have fallen and discolored the rim of the lid over time.

The door has water damage towards the bottom where fluid has discolored the wood and the seams of the door reflect indents where people step and open/close the door.

Comment

Nicholas Wolf:
      1. The cafeteria floors having as much scrapes and scratches point to there being massive movement of the chairs and tables without care for the floor.

2. The Dubuis Hall door handles being as worn as they are point the massive use of the main doors and the metal being corroded by the sweaty hands of the people who use it. Quite interesting as I'm pretty sure that the hall opened last semester.

3. The door leading to the courtyard from the mini church shows its age with how crumpled the metal is and the use that it has undergone.

Comment

Scratches on the floor tiles where the chair has been scooted out numerous times and pushed back in. A waterstain left indicating that something rectangular once protected that patch of the table from weathering. A bulletin board that has been pierced multiple times in many different places.

Comment

​The displacement of scratches with the majority being on the lower right hand burner shows just how much people preferred to use said burner. We can also see that the second most used burner is the lower left, and the upper left after that.

Terracotta pots are great for plants because they are porous, we can see the areas where the pot has picked up excess water and with it any minerals from the soil. Bonus, if you look closely at the leaves you can see all the times I have gotten lazy while watering this plant. So lazy in fact that I decided not to to bend down to water it but instead pour a stream of water over the leaves which then left behind rings of water droplets. (I promise I cleaned my plant after taking this picture).

This is my absolute favorite one and is one I've noticed long before this assignment. The scratches by my door, the four little grooves and wearing of paint right beside it, and on top of those, with an even lighter one on the corner are all from my dog asking to be let into my room. He scratches the door twice with his right paw (the wearing of paint directly beside it shows how he just barely glides over the actual door), pushes his nose into the door to get in side (wearing on top), and at times we have seen him laying down outside the door with his nose pressed up against that exact corner where the paint's worn.
          This one makes me happy every time I think about it, I don't know, I like it (:​​

Comment

Blake Smith
            Hand sanitizer residue builds up on the plate directly beneath the dispenser

Water runoff collects under the pot and grows moss
            The door is cracked at the bottom due to swelling from water damage

Comment

Chaya Fuller

The floor was scratched up from moving around furniture.
              The stone floor outside, showing where something used to be places

Paint chipping off of a wooded window sill.

Comment

Sebastian Jurado

IMAGE ONE: The rust build-up and weathered hole on this metal structure illustrates that this metal has been affected by the environment, specifically by water or humidity.

IMAGE TWO: The holes and one staple in the wall illustrates that there may have previously been things stuck onto the wall, possibly paper.

IMAGE THREE: The dog hairs on this home entrance mat illustrates that a dog has walked on this mat and perhaps even resides in the home.

Comment

Aaliyah Mickle

Image 1: The small stream from the drain had soaked into the ground after in rained, dragging mud over the rocks.

Image 2: The table umbrella left a circle of pollen that didn't get washed away by the rain.

Image 3: Oils dripping from parked cars left a stain on the concrete.

Comment

Lourdes Castro

1. The yellowing and molding of the water stains that are dipping from under the concrete box
                    2. The worn area of the stairs from where students walk up and down the middle of them everyday
                    3. The path made in the rocks from the students walking to the crosswalk leaving the rocks looking dirty and muddy due to rain

Comment

​ ​​​​​​1. Their is chipping in the wall on the right cause of the bed hiring the wall

​ 2. The guitar has wear and tear on the two notes​3.the bottom of the dresses top drawer has the paint scratched off from scrapping the drawer below of when it goes in

Comment

Ediza Valle

image 1: The pan looks used, as if it someone recently cooked something
                        image 2: the stove looks like it’s been used, showing where the pots and pans are placed
                        image 3: when looking close, the floor is dirty not cleaned.

Comment

Joseph Harman

1. 2. 3.

1. The shoe has creases and marks showing how they have been worn frequently over time.
                          2. The backpack shows wrinkles and creases where it has been picked up the most, as well, the letters are missing from the straps indicating long-term use.
                          3.The towel has more of a worn texture rather than a smoother one demonstrating how much it has been washed and used.​​​

Comment

1. The back side of my work truck has a lot of wear and tear if you look closely you can see that the paint has falling off and has turning white from so much movement.
                            This truck runs 24hrs a day and is put through every type of weather condition and it shows.

2. This part of this work horse shows tons and tons of abuse if you notice you can see where I get in and out of the cab. Sometimes not in the greatest weather conditions but the work
                            still needs to be done...

3. This is the back cargo hold where as you can see has the most use if you look closely you can see a walking path where boxes are crushed. The spools of cable get heated by the texas heat that the wood starts to fade several other object show wear and tear from non stop use .

Comment

1.) I work at an ice cream shop. There are some benches where the customers can sit and enjoy their ice cream. But, this picture shows that a lot of customers like to stand on top of the bench and scratch the wooden counter. I see a lot of scratches, cracks, hearts, and the color of the wood is fading away on the wooden counter.

2 and 3.) Near the ice cream shop, many drove around the tree and created a path from entering and exiting. But on that same tree, it appear there an old dusty leash and wires around the tree. Maybe, someone had a dog tied to that tree and the drivers drove around to avoid hitting the dog.

4.) This picture show that the owner of the land had cut down the pipe and use foam to spray on top of the pipe to stop the water coming out from there. The foam looks very dusty, dirty, and soiled by the weather overtime
                              Last edited by cRazo; March 26, 2023, 21:38.

Comment

Working...
                              X