Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring 2023 | Room WIP 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring 2023 | Room WIP 5

Spring 2023 | Room WIP 5
    Materials must be applied to all your objects. This is a work in progress.

Submit images as well as a link to your project folder using One drive or google drive to this post.
    • All previous progress completed
    • Materials are applied to all of the objects in the room.

Room WIP 5

Due Monday, Feb 27tht
    Before the beginning of class​​

Click image for larger version

Name:	room render 4 night.png
Views:	134
Size:	886.1 KB
ID:	439603Click image for larger version  Name:	room render 3.png Views:	0 Size:	1.37 MB ID:	439596RPReplay_Final1663165332.movjg room 2.ziproom (3).zip​ Julian Gamez
    Last edited by JuGamez12; March 6, 2023, 18:05.

Comment

Ashton Koranek
      room_Project.zip
      Old
      Click image for larger version  Name:	4Th render night.png Views:	0 Size:	959.3 KB ID:	439557Click image for larger version  Name:	4Th Render.png Views:	0 Size:	1.43 MB ID:	439558

New
      room_Project_AK.zip
      Click image for larger version  Name:	5Th Render Day.png Views:	0 Size:	908.2 KB ID:	439555Click image for larger version  Name:	5Th Render Night.png Views:	0 Size:	970.7 KB ID:	439556

For Vinny Melendez: Your day time scene is very bright with a lot of very bright whites. Your pillows could use a few more subdivisions along with parts of your couch. i'm not totally sure what happening with your rug but it has a lip on it and it may also be a little too thick (unless your original is that thick)

For Nicholas Wolf: I overall think the lighting is nice maybe bright in some areas that should not be. For the grey chair the UV's might be messed up their is a pinching at the corner of of the chair and the pillow is very sharp on that same chair. The wooden table that you have I feel is very glossy like its wet. On another of your chairs the UV's might be messed up on the blue and white chair
      Last edited by Ashton Koranek; March 6, 2023, 16:55.

Comment

Lourdes Castro
        Room_Proj_WIP_5_LC.zip
        Click image for larger version  Name:	WIP_5_Pers1.png Views:	57 Size:	687.7 KB ID:	438719Click image for larger version  Name:	WIP_5_Pers3.png Views:	57 Size:	666.6 KB ID:	438720Click image for larger version  Name:	WIP_5_Pers2.png Views:	57 Size:	682.7 KB ID:	438721

Room Vray Lighting
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Daytime_Lighting_02.png Views:	0 Size:	573.4 KB ID:	439538Click image for larger version  Name:	NightTime_Lighting_02.png Views:	0 Size:	304.3 KB ID:	439537
        Room_Proj_FinalRender_LC.zip

Chaya Fuller- Daytime lighting looks good but I think the sun could be a little brighter and the inside light could be less intense in order to make it really pop that its daytime, but other than that great job!

Adrian Garza- I think the nighttime lighting looks really good but the day time might look a little too blown out as far as the HDRI so maybe toning that down a bit, but other then that great job!
        Last edited by Lgcastro; March 6, 2023, 14:55.

Comment

Aaliyah Mickle

Room_WIP05_AM.zip

Adrian Garza:
          • The lamps look a little flat. There might have been a texture you could've used on the shades to mke them pop more.
          • The table in the corner does look a little floaty but that's an easy fix.
          • I wish you had added an HDRI sky for your day scene to add to the realism. The night one pulls it off because the reflection add something to that window (the window creates a lot of negative space, but that reflection breaks it up nicely).
          • The interior lighting on the day scene looks a little too sunset-like for how bright the outside looks.
          Lola Castro:
          • The night lighting is a little eerie and can read as too dark on different moniters.
          • I wish we could have seen that ceiling light lit up.
          • The small mirror on the desk can be adjusted, it doesn't read as mirror quite as well in the day scene.
          • There is a slightly harsh edge on the duvet that could use so adjusting.​
          (y'all did so good though)

Updated Render:

Room_Render_AM.zip

Click image for larger version

Name:	Room_dayRender_AM.png
Views:	137
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	439579Click image for larger version

Name:	Room_nightRender_AM.png
Views:	138
Size:	990.5 KB
ID:	439581

Click image for larger version  Name:	Room_01WIP05_AM.png Views:	44 Size:	1.31 MB ID:	438723Click image for larger version  Name:	Room_02WIP05_AM.png Views:	43 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	438724Click image for larger version  Name:	Room_03WIP05_AM.png Views:	44 Size:	1.32 MB ID:	438725
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Aaliyah Mickle; March 6, 2023, 16:54.

Comment

B. Rocha​​

Click image for larger version  Name:	WIP05_Rend03.png Views:	24 Size:	1.40 MB ID:	438727Click image for larger version  Name:	WIP05_Rend02.png Views:	23 Size:	1.09 MB ID:	438728Click image for larger version  Name:	WIP05+Rend04.png Views:	23 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	438729Click image for larger version  Name:	WIP05_Rend01.png Views:	24 Size:	1.21 MB ID:	438730
            -
            -

Lourdes: I like how you added more emissive glow to your lava lamp in your latest render, it makes it a focal point in the room. For the nighttime scene, I think another light on would allow the viewer to see more of the room (maybe a desk lamp or the ceiling light set to a warm tone). Good modeling and room design setup.

Nicholas:

Some objects still need to be modeled in higher detail, some blocky furniture. Adding subdivisions to smooth it out should help if the furniture is supposed to look very puffy/cushion-y, also textures need to be UV’ed better along seams to furniture. I would tone down some of the glossiness on some items like the ceiling and table to look more matte. Vertical scaling looks good, and good room design. The horizontal scaling makes the room look long and warped in some camera views.

-
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Wip7_Day4.png Views:	0 Size:	1.21 MB ID:	439524Click image for larger version  Name:	Wip7_Night2.png Views:	0 Size:	825.8 KB ID:	439523Click image for larger version  Name:	Wip7_Day1.png Views:	0 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	439522Click image for larger version  Name:	Wip7_Day2.png Views:	0 Size:	1.29 MB ID:	439521Click image for larger version  Name:	Wip7_Day3.png Views:	0 Size:	1.15 MB ID:	439520Click image for larger version  Name:	Wip7_Night1.png Views:	0 Size:	864.2 KB ID:	439519Click image for larger version  Name:	Wip7_Night4.png Views:	0 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	439518Click image for larger version  Name:	Wip7_Night3.png Views:	0 Size:	1,014.8 KB ID:	439517
            Last edited by BNRocha27; October 9, 2023, 13:36.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	RoomRender_3.png Views:	0 Size:	899.4 KB ID:	439542Click image for larger version  Name:	RoomRender_1.png Views:	0 Size:	857.4 KB ID:	439541Click image for larger version  Name:	RoomRender_2.png Views:	0 Size:	855.1 KB ID:	439540Click image for larger version  Name:	NightRender_2.png Views:	0 Size:	475.7 KB ID:	439545Click image for larger version  Name:	NightRender.png Views:	0 Size:	551.8 KB ID:	439544Click image for larger version  Name:	NightRender_3.png Views:	0 Size:	426.0 KB ID:	439543
              Chaya Fuller
              RoomProject_Final

Updated : RoomProject_CF

Vinnie Melendez- I think once you have all your martials in, and items your room is going to look really good.

Aaliyah Mickle- I feel like the chair martials make th eroom

Attached Files
              Last edited by Chaya F; March 6, 2023, 14:59.

Comment

Adrian Garza

Click image for larger version  Name:	render1.png Views:	0 Size:	1.35 MB ID:	438739

Room

Comment

Evely Torres
                  ETorres_roomProgress.zip

ETorres_Room Update.zip

Adrian Garza: Your lighting is done really nice and looks cozy. For the daytime, however, try to rely less on the indoor lighting and amp up the outdoor light a bit more.

Ashton Koranek: Although not in the original room, try to add some of your own lighting here and there to help lighten up the room where the existing lights can't reach.​
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by EvelyT; March 6, 2023, 17:02.

Comment

Nicholas Wolf : PRoom_NW.zip

Click image for larger version  Name:	Render01.png Views:	0 Size:	879.6 KB ID:	438753
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Render02.png Views:	0 Size:	403.6 KB ID:	438754
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Render03.png Views:	0 Size:	488.8 KB ID:	438755
                    Last edited by Venerable_Wolf; February 27, 2023, 19:11.

Comment

Meg Villanueva

Adrian Garza - The final render and geometry look awesome, but maybe try to add a bit more texture to the walls! Having all the walls be the same color / texture makes it a bit bland and harder to distinguish when it stops / ends, if it's like that in the reference you can always alter the color of some of the walls subtly so that there's a little more difference than before.

Vinnie Melendez - Maybe make the carpet a bit shorter! Your carpet is a bit chunky, which ends up making it look more geometric than soft. You can just extrude it back into being more flat or as close as you can to a plane to emphasize the texture rather than the thickness.

MVillanueva_ChairProject.zip
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by mivillan; March 6, 2023, 16:57.

Comment

Josh Rodriguez

Click image for larger version  Name:	Render For now2.png Views:	0 Size:	770.8 KB ID:	439602
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Render For now.png Views:	0 Size:	1.35 MB ID:	439601
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	WIP2.png Views:	26 Size:	557.2 KB ID:	438763Click image for larger version  Name:	WIP.png Views:	25 Size:	600.8 KB ID:	438764
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by JoshR; March 6, 2023, 18:30.

Comment

Vinnie Melendez

For Chaya F: I really like that your room has a consistent theme going on and all the props fit the same aesthetic. It really helps pull everything together. I'd say just make sure things that are meant to be smooth are smooth, and I'm not sure if it's just my monitor but your chair appears to be floating?

For Lola C: Your room is absolutely beautiful and like Chaya's follows a consistent theme. I especially enjoy the attention to detail in the lava lamp and the TV being reflective. I think your lighting is good but the nighttime seems a tab bit too dark. Other than that good job!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by uggievin; March 6, 2023, 15:11.

Comment

Nicholas Wolf 2nd : PRoom_NW.zip​​​

Click image for larger version  Name:	Final01Day.png Views:	0 Size:	1.47 MB ID:	439565
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Final01Night.png Views:	0 Size:	1.44 MB ID:	439566
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Final02Day.png Views:	0 Size:	1.48 MB ID:	439567
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Final02Night.png Views:	0 Size:	1.40 MB ID:	439568
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Final03Day.png Views:	0 Size:	1.47 MB ID:	439569
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Final03Night.png Views:	0 Size:	1.43 MB ID:	439570

Josh Rodriguez's Post : Add more texture, and smooth out the pillows or things that are supposed to be smoothed out. Also the reference man doesn't look properly proportioned out in the scene and fixing it to be proportional could lead to a better scene, unless your going for an Alice in Wonderland esthetic, then otherwise your doing a good job. The objects in your scene are well modeled and show a proficiency in using box modelling techniques.

B. Rocha's : The main issue with your post is that the render that you firstly submitted is unfinished, making it hard to do a proper critique of your work. If you are in a rush switching the render settings to 720p or if your desperate, 360p though that could be just as bad. Next, the carpet doesn't look good due to having very few fibers to the point where you can pick out the individual fibers from the screenshot, which can be solved by increasing the fiber count, which is why I'd recommend a lower render quality so that your render time isn't extremely long. Your camera angles used are very good and showcase and draw the eye well into the project, the materials and colors used are good, though they need some work with both sizing, and feeling distinct from one another.

New Post: Your material work has vastly improved since the last check, and all of the objects in the scene look semi-realistic in comparison to their real counterparts, and the textures are well sized. Lighting in some areas could be improved as there as some lights that are too bright, and others that aren't bright enough for where they are in the scene.
                            Last edited by Venerable_Wolf; March 6, 2023, 16:55.

Comment

Adrian Garza

Click image for larger version  Name:	finalrenderday.png Views:	0 Size:	708.1 KB ID:	439482Click image for larger version  Name:	finalrendernight.png Views:	0 Size:	633.3 KB ID:	439483

Room Vray

Chaya Fuller--I think that the overall colors are a little strong, but I think that issue could be solved by tweaking the lighting a bit more to work in your favor. As well as just messing with the settings for the rug

Nicholas Wolf-- one thing that does pop out for me is the material used for the couch, it seems to be incredibly glossy so maybe changing some numbers for the reflection/refraction so that it's not as strong.​
                              Last edited by adgarza8; March 6, 2023, 12:41.

Comment

Working...
                              X