Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

salary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salary

I thought there was a thread or maybe we went over it in senior portfolio about what we should expect for salary amounts in SA or Texas in general.

Melissa
    Melissa Vasquez

six million dollars !!!

muhuahauahahhauhuahhauhauhahahahhhaaahaha

"Ah, beer. The cause of and the solution to all of life's problems.

Homer Simpson"

sigpic

Comment

Okay, I'm moving this to the "Is There Life After UIW?" forum.

... and to answer your question generally: It depends.

If you are looking for a Print/Web job in SA, you can expect to start anywhere from the low-mid $20k upto high $20ks and low $30ks. If you leave the city that might go up a bit.

According to this AIGA survey from 2003, here are the numbers for an Entry Level Designer (nation-wide):
      Position: Entry-level designer
      25%: $26,000
      Median: $30,000
      75%: $35,000
      Number responding: 661

If you think about it in terms of $$$ per hour...
      $10.00 p/h = $20,800
      $12.00 p/h = $24,960
      $13.50 p/h = $28,080
      $15.00 p/h = $31,200
      $20.00 p/h = $41,600

In SA, starting around $12-14 an hour is about right... then take out taxes and SS and all that fun stuff, but that's depressing.
      ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Man, sure has gone down. I've got old books from 98/99 that say double that amount. Sad times we live in. And the old 3d books say 35-80k.. and animators making a litter bit more than that. A thread like this pops up on cgtalk everyone once and a while and what is said is not very encouraging. Wheres the sunshine Adam? :confused:
        箴 言 18:12
        敗 壞 之 先 , 人 心 驕 傲 ; 尊 榮 以 前 , 必 有 謙 卑 。

Comment

Did those 98/99 list starting salaries or just salaries?

Remember those that Mike list are generally for people just getting started. In any job, the money gets better as you get better. As you prove your worth, companies will pay more to have you.

Comment

Goto gamasutra.com

I saw a thread in a forum in Gamasutra and a number of related articles regarding industry salaries for a number of different, but realted fields. These salaries were based on an actual census of all of the current IGDA members as I recall. That's a lot of people. I would imagine that it was pretty acurate as well.
            I will try to find a link and post it so you can see for yourself.

Comment

I found this...

Hope this sheds some light.
              Its a Pdf.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Watkins
                Did those 98/99 list starting salaries or just salaries?

Remember those that Mike list are generally for people just getting started. In any job, the money gets better as you get better. As you prove your worth, companies will pay more to have you.

Just says salaries.. Kinda vague now that you mention it.
                箴 言 18:12
                敗 壞 之 先 , 人 心 驕 傲 ; 尊 榮 以 前 , 必 有 謙 卑 。

Comment

Working...
                X