Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3D freelance rates, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Professor Watkins
    An hourly rate is especially handy if its clear your client doesn't quite know what they want. Then as they change the scope of the project for the 10th time, its no sweat since they continue to pay you for their wishy-washiness.
    that almost sounds like what's going on now...thanks.
    Pi Studios

Comment

I have been freelancing for over 10 years and have found a book that is excellent for freelancers. I highly recommend everyone purchase it once a year. It is updated every year by the Graphic Arts Guild.

It has sample contracts, deals with with student issues and rates, just about anything you want to know about the business of design.

The name of the book is: "Graphic Artists Guild Pricing and Ethical Guidelines".
      I have purchased the annual publishing of this book every year at art stores or book stores that have a good selection of books on Design. I think that Amazon.com has it. If not, the distributors are North Light Books, 1507 Dana Avenue Cincinnati, OH 45207 Their toll free number is: 1-800-289-0963.

The Graphic Arts Guild's address is: 11 W. 20th Street, 8th Floor New York, NY 10011-3704. The phone number is: 212.463.7730 and their website is: http://www.gag.org It is a great organization.

The Graphic Artist Guild Pricing and Ethical Guidelines book will cost around $30.00. Just to give you an idea of what it covers I will give you the contents:
      The Professional Relationship
      Legal Rights and Issues
      Professional Issues
      New Technology Issues
      Pricing and Marketing Artwork
      Salaries and Trade Customs
      Illustration Prices and Trade Customs
      Graphic Design Prices and Trade Customs
      MULTIMEDIA Prices and Trade Customs
      Cartooning Prices and Trade Customs
      Animation Prices and Trade Customs
      Surface Design Prices and Trade Customs
      Standard Contracts and Business Tools
      The Graphic Artists Guild
      Resources and References

Good luck and believe in yourself, you can do it and do it well.

Comment

Working...
      X