Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hunt - Animatic Update - Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hunt - Animatic Update - Review

Hey Watkins, Tovar, and Jt

Here is an updated animatic with the critiques I got in class from Watkins and what we talked about today Tovar.

Please LISTEN with SOUND. A lot of the animatics rough animation and cuts only really make sense with audio.

Review media collaboratively in the cloud - no setup, visual creative feedback, all real time with just a link.

I'm liking this very much. The dutch tilts at the beginning all helps the mood of the piece.

I was a little confused when we cut up to the first foot fall. Have you considered a shot that starts with the frightened face, and moves up through the floor to reveal the spot where the foot comes down?

I also wouldn't be afraid to play with your ninja-infiltration mode from here on out as well. The searching the house idea is going to work well, but I also think there could be some great stuff found from your Santa/Elves infiltration research that could help with camera angles, etc...

Comment

I haven't tried that yet.
      Would it continue to pan up to the second floor and stop at the foot.
      Then cut to the inside of the room? or could I cut back to the boy and continue the Animatic from there?

I will try the Prep and Landing infiltration sequence for the downstairs hunting part. I am not really into horror, but I kind of enjoy how it is coming out. I wasn't sure if we should ditch the montage/funnier animation or should we continue the horror film theme?

Comment

Yeah, I'd have it pan up to the spot on the floor just before the foot hits. From then on you could cut back and forth from the boy to upstairs.

I think if you look closely at the horror feel you're working with now, and the Prep & Landing clips, you're going to find a lot of very similar camera angles, and lens choices. I don't think they are actually that far apart. The timing is likely different; but I suspect you were drawn to both for a reason.

Comment

Yeah this is starting to work well. The pan up to the spot of the foot steps could be an interesting transition. For the getting up on the bed, I think you need to start in much closer (more of a close up on the hands) and then you can slowly pull back as he climbs on the bed. It'll give him a more dramatic entrance and make him appear more menacing.

Comment

Working...
          X