Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

google drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• google drive?

Is Google Drive preventing me from saving my project and my scene in Unity? Every time I open my scene in unity my project goes back to the very first one.

So generally, don't use GoogleDrive or Dropbox as anything but backup. Store all your files on a USB drive that you bring in and out of class. Even when you're posting assignments, use your own webspace that you pay for so you can post a real link and not some crazy GoogleDrive or Dropbox protected link.

Having said that, yes, backup your stuff on GoogleDrive or Dropbox. Both are great ways to store offsite backups - but not to work off of in the labs. Both of those services are really not made to work as ftp uploads and downloads (which is how most students use them). They work best when they are *installed* on multiple machines so that files automatically move from hardrives to the cloud and back. But since you can't install stuff in the labs, we can't really use those services in the way they were intended.

Comment

Working...
    X