Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you make a texture change mid rendered video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you make a texture change mid rendered video?

I'm not sure if they switched the visibility on and off of the object from its duplicates, but this video below shows birds flying and the texture switching back and forth as its own movie. How can I get a similar effect? or what is this process called so I can look up some tutorials. Thank you.

Can I do this with maya?

Yes....although how come you don't post this in the Maya section? LOL....

Animated textures are fairly easy to use. When you create a New Render Node for the Color Channel (for instance), instead of choosing "File" you can choose "Movie". Then bring in any Quicktime movie you want to use. There are some adjustments you need to make in that movie node: Look under File Attributes, click "Use Image Sequence", then you have to set keyframes in either the Image Number or Frame Offset (I can't remember and am not at Maya right now).

If you can bring a movie in during office hours, I can show you how to set it up real quick.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not very good with forums, lol. I will look for maya on the next one.
      Ok that sounds like something I can rap my head around. Now that I understand a little more on how this might work Ill look up some tutorials on it. I just needed the camera to pan through a corridor and there was a metal rectangle with an image cut out of it and inside it was illuminated and I needed the colors inside the object to switch colors according to the color wheel as the camera continued to pan to the next object. I will look up tutorials during work and If I have anymore questions Ill see if you're available during office hours. Thank you very much, this was a lot of help!

Comment

Sounds like what you really want to do is animate he color of a light source....

This is even easier...in the Attributes Editor, right click on the Color swatch and choose Set Key. Move to a new time, change the color, Set the key....Rinse and repeat.

Comment

Sounds like what you really want to do is animate he color of a light source....

This is even easier...in the Attributes Editor, right click on the Color swatch and choose Set Key. Move to a new time, change the color, Set the key....Rinse and repeat.

Comment

Working...
          X