Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to put in specific input in maya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to put in specific input in maya

I've been running into an issue where I've wanted to widen/scale certain faces on a polygon by a specific amount. and or times where i wanted to rotate something by a certain angle, or move something in a certain direction a certain amount.
    Basically i'm wondering if there's a good way to do basic Maya things with precision, namely scale, movement, and rotation.
    Javier Santillan

When this Doge hits 88 miles an hour you're gonna see some serious S***

There are a few ways to be more precise:

Hold 'J' when rotating to rotate in 15 degree increments.
    Use the Channels Box to rotate to a specific degree value, move a certain number of units, or scale to a specific place.
    When using things like the Extrude Tool, be sure to use the Options window and you can manually choose how far to extrude.
    Try using Inches as your scale, and you have many, many more places to snap to when extruding or moving - at least you can be accurate to the inch.

Otherwise, Maya is kinda problematic when it comes to being accurate - it's just not what Maya is worried about. Being really accurate is mostly in the realm of CAD packages (see AutoCad, etc...). That level of accuracy is pretty lacking in Maya.

Having said that there are some 3D packages that are better at this - C4D for instance is really easy to get exact distances, sizes, rotations and snapping. Maya is really focused on other things.

Comment

Working...
    X