Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maya 2015 downloading issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya 2015 downloading issue

My desktop has not been handling Maya well and it's now starting to not show my top view or accept my images (though I can do this a hundred times over on campus), so I decided to try to download Maya on my laptop...When I open to run both the Autodesk install and the 002_002 file I get the response:

The procedure entry point
    ?_Getcat@?$codecvt@DDH@std@@SAIPAPBVfacet@locale@2 @PBV42
    @@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library
    C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Maya_2015_R1_dlm\Setup\LiteHt ml.dll.

now...i'm pretty sure it's something I did wrong in the download but something tells me I should also post it here some someone can tell me what's up and how I should get past this (if I could)

Where did you download it from (AutoDesk) or here?

Additionally, when you unpacked/unzipped, are you sure that your AntiVirus was off?

Comment

Where did you download it from (AutoDesk) or here?

Additionally, when you unpacked/unzipped, are you sure that your AntiVirus was off?

Comment

I followed the steps you posted here so I guess for the Maya US download I downloaded it from Autodesk but the 001_002 and 002_002 files I god here... Also I checked my AntiVirus just now, turned it off, tried again, getting the same response...

Comment

So when you say "followed the steps you posted here" you're talking about this thread, right?

Be sure to download the two links (labeled here); and not get the stuff from Maya's site. Then, you have to turn off the Antivirus when you are unpacking the stuff.

I'm not sure but that error looks like it can't find some stuff that should have been unpacked with the installer. This could mean that you don't have a complete download - or it can mean that your antivirus blocked it when it was unpacking. So download, then turn off antivirus, unpack and *then* install.

Comment

So when you say "followed the steps you posted here" you're talking about this thread, right?

Be sure to download the two links (labeled here); and not get the stuff from Maya's site. Then, you have to turn off the Antivirus when you are unpacking the stuff.

I'm not sure but that error looks like it can't find some stuff that should have been unpacked with the installer. This could mean that you don't have a complete download - or it can mean that your antivirus blocked it when it was unpacking. So download, then turn off antivirus, unpack and *then* install.

Comment

Yes yes, sorry should've linked it..that's what I followed for my desktop and it worked (until the whole image issue) but the laptop just does not like me or any of my efforts...would it be better if I just bring my laptop in to show someone..?

Comment

yeah i had that same issue. my brother messed with the anti virus stuff and he somehow placed the two links you download from here into an exclusion folder. like you place the downloaded files in a folder on your desktop and tell your antivirus to exclude that folder from being scanned, it might still say that file could be a virus, but you should be able to install the software correctly.

Comment

That worked! Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
                  X