Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maya 2015 Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya 2015 Error

I downloaded the files Prof. Watkins uploaded onto his server for Maya 2015. Originally, I got errors dealing with pre-requisites causing the installation to not even start, so I had to edit the setup.ini file within the folder to bypass it. Now, whenever I install, regardless of directory, I get the error "Overlapped I/O operation in progress.". I have deleted Temp folders related to Maya within my C:/User/Username/AppData/Roaming/Autodesk. I also have accessed my "regedit" and deleted the temporary folders for Autodesk within there aswell. I have rebooted, and still cannot bypass this error. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    My LoLKing
    My website

What pre-requisites are you talking about? There really shouldn't be any need for that kind of weird work, unless you've got your computer configured really strangely. What exactly were the errors it was complaining about?

Comment

The original errors were ones dealing with installing things such as C++ 2012 (x86), Directx, ect. The initialization of installing those programs caused Maya to fail the install. (Note: I was running in admin mode, along with previously having everything up to date.) I uninstalled the programs, and still got the message (this was a suggested solution for this error), so I edited the ini file to bypass the verification of those programs. Now when I try to install Maya, I'm given the error message (Overlapped I/O operation in progress.) for an unknown reason..
      My LoLKing
      My website

Comment

Not sure what that could be. You may try re-downloading one more time (be sure that you use the second .exe to unpack things (not the first)), and installing from there.

If you still have problems, it sounds like contacting AutoDesk directly will be your best bet.

Comment

Not sure what that could be. You may try re-downloading one more time (be sure that you use the second .exe to unpack things (not the first)), and installing from there.

If you still have problems, it sounds like contacting AutoDesk directly will be your best bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Watkins View Post

I've done this aswell, but I shall do that. Thank you though, sir.
            My LoLKing
            My website

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Watkins View Post

I've done this aswell, but I shall do that. Thank you though, sir.
              My LoLKing
              My website

Comment

As I've been thinking about this, you might also want to double-check that you don't have any Anti-virus software running (especially when unzipping/unpacking the exe). When I first tried installing, I had a lot of problems because my anti-virus software had blocked one of the things the exe had unpacked; and then Maya couldn't find them when it tried to install.

You might try deleting all of your old install stuff. Download again, turn off anti-virus, unpack to your desktop (some place that you know you have write privelages to), and then install again. Then after successfully installing turn your anti-virus back on.

Comment

As I've been thinking about this, you might also want to double-check that you don't have any Anti-virus software running (especially when unzipping/unpacking the exe). When I first tried installing, I had a lot of problems because my anti-virus software had blocked one of the things the exe had unpacked; and then Maya couldn't find them when it tried to install.

You might try deleting all of your old install stuff. Download again, turn off anti-virus, unpack to your desktop (some place that you know you have write privelages to), and then install again. Then after successfully installing turn your anti-virus back on.

Comment

Working...
                  X