Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i set up a quadruped leg rig for my game enemy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i set up a quadruped leg rig for my game enemy?

well this dude isn't necessary a quadruped, but in a sense it is, or at least his legs are. i have him in the set up of a bipedal, but im not content with the way the legs work. i've seen how a quadruped is rigged, but not how it's set up with controls in the hierarchy

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen shoot.png
Views:	1
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	325679.

i intended to have him run like an ape too, is there a rig for that too? or do i set up the arms as that IK/FK stuff??

Remember that for game characters you don't necessarily need a complicated handle system (or even rig); ultimately, you're going to bake down all the joints to simple rotation keys.

If you want to do ape running you'll most likely need/want IK in the arms. Unfortunately, IK/FK switching can be a little goofy when baking, so you'll probably want to animate everything with IK if you're going that direction.

Comment

Remember that for game characters you don't necessarily need a complicated handle system (or even rig); ultimately, you're going to bake down all the joints to simple rotation keys.

If you want to do ape running you'll most likely need/want IK in the arms. Unfortunately, IK/FK switching can be a little goofy when baking, so you'll probably want to animate everything with IK if you're going that direction.

Comment

Oh, and you might take a look at our digital tutors account to see if there is any quadraped tutorials to help on that account.

Comment

Working...
        X