Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advising Day for Fall 2011 (Thurs, April 14 - Seniors / Fri, April 15 - All others)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advising Day for Fall 2011 (Thurs, April 14 - Seniors / Fri, April 15 - All others)

As you can see on the Academic Calendar, there is not an official Advising Day. The faculty of the Computer Graphic Arts Department will advise students according to the schedule posted in the next post.

Prior to coming to the assigned time, students must complete the following:
    • Download and print out one of the attached PDFs (according to your track):
      1. Your Degree Plan Checklist
      2. Your 4-year Sample Degree Plan
      3. Your Transcript
      4. Fall 2011 Registration Form
    • Fill out the following before you come to the APPROVED TIME:
      1. Your Degree Plan Checklist
      2. Fall 2011 Registration Form
    • Go to the ROOM listed for your APPROVED TIME and...
      1. Show your completed FORMS to your ADVISIOR
      2. If APPROVED, your ADVISOR will initial the FORM and write your ALT PIN on the FORM
      3. You can then go to one of the computer labs and REGISTER
      4. If you need a SIGNATURE FOR A COURSE you will need to wait until MONDAY, APRIL 18TH to register
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

The Advising Times are as follows:

Monday, April 4th
    • UIW Registrar has posted the schedule of classes.
    • Advising form for CART are posted.
    • CART Faculty will promote this thread and it's contents.

Thursday, April 14th
    • 6:00-7:30pm (AD325) - Professor Clayton will check schedule forms FOR SENIORS and give out ALT PINS

Friday, April 15th
    • 8:00-9:20am (JB126) - All CART faculty will check schedule forms FOR JUNIORS and give out ALT PINS
    • 9:30-11:30am (JB126) - All CART faculty will check schedule forms FOR EVERYONE ELSE and give out ALT PINS
    • 11:30am - All CART faculty are going to LUNCH and GOING HOME FOR THE WEEKEND! FIESTA BEGINS!!!!

Monday, April 18th
    • 8:00-10:00am - Professor Clayton will be available for signatures and to put out fires

By Appointment
    • Special Cases (Transfer/Incoming Students)

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Graphic Design Majors, if it is going to be your...

Senior Year then register for...
      • CART 4240-01 - Adv Projects: Print -and- CART 4250-02 - Adv Projects: Web -or-
      • CART 4250-01 - Adv Projects: Web -and- CART 4240-02 - Adv Projects: Print
      • CART 4303 - Senior Portfolio
      • ARTH 3360 - Survey of Contemporary Art

Junior Year then register for...
      • CART 3300 - Web II: Advanced Web Design
      • CART 3310 - Print II: Visual Systems
      • CART 4330 - History of Communication Design

Sophomore Year then please leave the following days/time open for...
      • CART 2304 - Concepting (MW 1:30-4:15pm) *
      • CART 2305 - Visual Langauge (TR 3:00-5:45pm) *

... and register for this course if not already taken:
      • ARTH 2362 - Art History: Ancient to Medievel

* if you pass the Portfolio Review, you will automatically be enrolled in these courses.
      Last edited by ProfClayton; April 9, 2011, 14:08.

Comment

3D Animation Majors, if it is going to be your...

Senior Year then register for...
        • CART 4307 - OTGS II
        • CART 4311 - 3D V
        • CART 4302 - Co-op Internship -or- CART 4301 - Adv Projects Practicum (3D)
        • CART 4100 - Commercial Arts Seminar

Junior Year then register for...
        • CART 3311 - 3D IV: Character Animation
        • ARTH 3360 - Survey of Contemporary Art (if not already taken)
        • ARTS 2361 - Sculpture (if not already taken)

Sophomore Year then please leave the following days/time open for...
        • CART 2311 - 3D II: Animation (TR 1:30-4:15pm) *
        • CART 3325 - Gesture for Animators (MW 6:00-8:45pm) *

... and register for this course:

* if you pass the Portfolio Review, you will automatically be enrolled in these courses.
        Last edited by ProfClayton; April 15, 2011, 05:42.

Comment

I'm going out of town Thursday April 14th. Advising day for the rest of us is on the 15th. Is there anything I can do without missing anything important? Like go on another day?

Comment

Originally posted by swolfe View Post
            I'm going out of town Thursday April 14th. Advising day for the rest of us is on the 15th. Is there anything I can do without missing anything important? Like go on another day?
            I will be available Monday morning from 8-10am. Or you could get your schedule approved by your advisor next week.

Comment

Just an FYI, if you need to catch up on the Survey of Art History classes, both SAC and UTSA are offering Summer Courses.

ARTH 2361 - Art Hist: Ancient thru Medieval and ARTH 2362 - Art History: Renaissance to Modern are prereqs for both CART 4330 - History of Communication Design and ARTH 3360 - Survey of Contemporary Art.

Link to SAC's schedule: https://phoenixss.alamo.edu:4445/PRO...disp_dyn_sched

Link to UTSA's schedule: https://asap.utsa.edu/pls/prod/xwskschd.P_UTSA_OpenSch

Comment

We will be in JB126 today from 8am to 11:30am.

Juniors come at 8:00am.

Sophomore's come at 9:30am.

Comment

can i still get my pin on Monday?

Comment

Originally posted by VAU View Post
                    can i still get my pin on Monday?
                    I will be on my office (AD303) from 8-10am. You can get it then. Please bring the paperwork with you that is listed in the first post.

Comment

Is history of animation and easy class, hard class, or an in between class? Watkins is teaching it.

Comment

Originally posted by VAU View Post
                        Is history of animation and easy class, hard class, or an in between class? Watkins is teaching it.
                        Meets twice a week for 2h45m and it's all animation, all the time: cartoons, movies, propaganda, 2d, 3d, stop-motion, traditional, avante garde, etc. There are tests, assignments, projects, etc.

I'm not going to rate it as easy/hard, but it is a fun class if animation is your thing. ;)

Comment

Working...
                        X