Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Destination: NYC! (World Graphics Away - Spring 2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destination: NYC! (World Graphics Away - Spring 2011)

The destination for this Spring is NYC! (Cue Jay-Z)

The trip would be the week after Spring Graduation and be 6-days/5-nights.

The approximate fee for the trip will be posted soon. But should be less than $1600.

For this class to make, we will need to have a minimum of 10 students.

The costs below are approximate and are subject to change. This should be a good indicator of what you will need to save up for the trip.

Costs

These costs include:
    • Airfare
    • Hotel (tourist class)
    • Travel to and from the hotel(s)

This does not include:
    • Meals
    • Entry into Museums or other attractions
    • Travel within the City
    • Souvenirs

Estimated additional costs:
    • Meals: ~$25-$40/day
    • Museums: ~$100-$150
    • Inner City Travel - ~$50-$100

Expectations

Academic
    • You MUST register for World Graphics Study Away in the Spring Semester. This course is slated to meet once a week for 75 minutes.
    • During this course, you will be required to research and present information about an assigned location that we will be visiting.
    • Your final project will be due after we travel (during the summer). We will meet to present the projects you have finished since returning from the trip. You will collect the necessary assets while in country.

Travel
    Keep a journal. The journal may be written or be a collection of drawings. It should detail your thoughts as you travel through these important cities.

Behavior
    We're going to have a great time. We are all adults and we expect everyone to travel as an adult. You are a representative of the USA and of the University of the Incarnate Word. Therefore, if you behave in a way that endangers your fellow students or that is unbecoming of a representative of UIW, you will be sent home - that day - at your expense.

Note: Students who take this course in the Spring Semester of their Senior year are still eligible for Spring Graduation. Due to the travel taking place after the semester is over and the project that is required, grades will be submitted within 5 weeks of the end of Spring Semester. The registrar is aware of this. At that time, your degree will be completed and awarded. In short, even though the class is not technically over, you can still walk at graduation.

There is a prerequisite for this course:
    • ARTH 2362 - Art History: Renaissance through Modern

You may be concurrently enrolled in that course and the World Graphics course.
    Yes... I've got an "Empire State of Mind", sign me up for the NYC Trip!
    100.00%
    No... I'll start saving now for the possible China Trip in Spring 2012.
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

We will be posting more information later, such as the schedule of payments and whatnot. Here's a sample of what the payments might be:

October 22nd - $400
    December 3rd - $400
    January 21st - $400
    February 18th - Balance Due

For right now we are looking for how much interest there is in the class this year.
    Last edited by ProfClayton; September 6, 2010, 12:06.

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

I can vote once I know the payment dates, but I'm hoping to vote yes :D -pray-

Comment

Originally posted by Monster Taco View Post
        I can vote once I know the payment dates, but I'm hoping to vote yes :D -pray-
        I posted a sample in the post above yours.

Comment

Ha! That's what I get for not refreshing :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Monster Taco View Post
            Ha! That's what I get for not refreshing :rolleyes:
            Well, I edited the post above after you asked for it, so you're not losing your mind.

Comment

Working...
            X