Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweep Nurbs in C4D, Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep Nurbs in C4D, Help!

Prof Watkins
    I have an issue in C4D with sweep nurbs. I have been trying to make a sweep nurbs frame using a profile and a rectangular path. The problem is that the resulting sweep nurb always reverses the location of where I want the edge of the frame to be. Ive attached my scene so you can see the problem. I want the shaped edge of the profile to be on the OUTSIDE of the frame, with the square edge on the INSIDE---however the nurbs always reverses where I want this, with the square edge on the outside. There is something very simple that I'm doing wrong that for the life of me I can't figure out, (I think the Zaxis are set correct, but perhaps there's something to do with this). Thanks for your help...this is a big issue for me as I have lots of arch profiles to model, like door frames or casings that touch on this.
    monique
    Attached Files

You're on the right track. It's all about the axis of the profile curve. Your Z axis is correct, but your Y is not. Select your Profile curve, change to the Use Object Axis Tool (adjusting the pivot) and then in the Coordinates manager add 180 degrees to the P (Pitch) setting.

Or, with the Profile curve selected, and the Use Object Axis Tool, rotate the axis and you'll see your shape changing.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot! You rock as usual. btw I am making the move to Palo Alto in a couple weeks...

Comment

Cool. Palo Alto....yummy.

Comment

Working...
        X