Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arnold Render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arnold Render

Apparently this has been in development for a really long time. Supposed to have been used in Monster house and Cloudy with a Chance of meatballs. Hopefully more information will become available overtime. A guy on the softimage mailing list is showing off beta renderings made with the si version of Arnold. It's supposed to be really really fast. Pretty cool..

Render animation

More comparisons.

Comparison between mr and arnold.

箴 言 18:12
    敗 壞 之 先 , 人 心 驕 傲 ; 尊 榮 以 前 , 必 有 謙 卑 。

Andreas Bystrom is the guy showing off the test renders on the list. It's pretty cool stuff.

245 billion polygons.

A close up

some other renderings.

Last edited by Bucket; February 16, 2011, 22:14.

Comment

Found a video demonstrating the speed of arnold in xsi. (I think) Very impressive. I do sort of wonder what kind of hardware this is being run on. But still very impressive.

Also here is an image by Andreas Bystrom (I think) I forgot to t link to.

Comment

Is this what all the giggling on the list has been about?

Seems fast in that Viper video. Some of those render times still seem long though... we'll see I guess.

I think just about anything would be faster than what we've got currently. -pray-

Comment

Yeah.. mr isn't bad. (though this test sure makes it look bad) If we could have something faster and more efficient.. The better.. I'd be more of a render junkie if getting the look I wanted didn't mean moving a slider and sitting on my hands for a minutes/hours just to see something that I don't like.

Comment

Old Arnold stuff from long ago. http://www.3dluvr.com/marcosss/

Not sure about this... Marcos Fajardo is listed in the credits... Maybe another one of his early experiments with gi.

Comment

Comment

Going to download Lagoa tomorrow. :D

Comment

Comment

A presentation by Marcos Fajardo on the Arnold Render engine.

Part 1
                    Marcos Fajardo talks at the "Softimage|UeberTage 2010" usermeeting in Siegen (Germany) about ARNOLD, the global illumination renderer developed by Solid…

Part 2
                    Borja Morales talks at the "Softimage|UeberTage 2010" usermeeting in Siegen (Germany) about ARNOLD, the global illumination renderer developed by Solid…

Comment

It’s looking like Arnold will be integrated across multiple 3d applications. This is good because this will save much of the headache that might occur from having to export animations 1 scene to 1 frame like maxwell or indigo. I’m wondering how much of an effect unbiased rendering will have on post production.

ArnoldRender MAYA by esanti from esanti on Vimeo.

In the first of our reports from Europe's premier CG show, we move from the magic of ILM to the future of lighting pipelines.

http://www.3dworldmag.com/2011/05/04...ms-now-viable/
                      Speaking at the FMX 2011 conference in Stuttgart, principal software engineer Gritz addressed the attendees during the tech-talk session ‘Path Tracing and Unbiased Rendering for Animation Production’.
                      The benefit of Sony Pictures Imageworks approach, he says, is that a lot of the wrangling of render passes can be avoided by doing a lot of the work in-camera in one pass, where it can be managed interactively.
                      It also allows lighters to match on-set lighting more efficiently. Gritz claims that while overall render times are increased, the lighting teams are getting twice as many shots done in the same time. The move to unbiased path-traced rendering “has been a major shift for us,” he said.
                      When questioned about utilising GPUs, he provided a standard response, explaining that moving code to GPUs would be time consuming and most companies’ renderfarms don’t posses any GPUs. As a result, there would be no major speed benefit of switching to GPUs and it would require a major investment in hardware. Also, scenes using 500GB of textures per frame would not fit into the current line of GPUs.

Comment

Arnold render archives. The concept isn't entirely new but it is nice to know it is there.

Comment

Impressive stuff. I think the river is using a little bit of arnold and a particle rendering engine known as krakatoa.

Comment

A link I received from Jorge Bazaco at Solid Angle. http://www.fxguide.com/featured/the-art-of-rendering/
                            Last edited by ProfClayton; June 23, 2012, 09:45. Reason: spelling error in link

Comment

Working...
                            X