Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you export a video as a series of bitmaps in Premire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you export a video as a series of bitmaps in Premire?

How do you export a video as a series of bitmaps in Adobe Premiere? I'm trying to creating a photo mosaic out of some video I have.

These are the export settings (example on left) I'm using, but it doesn't seem to export it as images. It's exporting it as "Sequence 01.mov." What I'm I doing wrong? I want it to export in a series of images like the example on right.
    Attached Files
    The cost of a thing is the amount of what I call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. - Henry David Thoreau

In the General tab there should be a file type option. yours might be set to quicktime, set it to an image format. Animated gifs will create one image for it.

Comment

Originally posted by coolian View Post
      In the General tab there should be a file type option. yours might be set to quicktime, set it to an image format. Animated gifs will create one image for it.
      Where would that be located?
      Attached Files
      The cost of a thing is the amount of what I call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

file>export movie>export settings>general>file type>windows Bitmap

Comment

This is what I'm getting.
          Attached Files

Comment

He's on a mac. Just select .tiff or .targa. Realize though, that if you're working at 30 frames per second, you could easily have many hundreds of images if you export them as sequential stills.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Watkins View Post
              He's on a mac. Just select .tiff or .targa. Realize though, that if you're working at 30 frames per second, you could easily have many hundreds of images if you export them as sequential stills.
              Thanks for the reply. The .tiff option worked just perfect. I saved it as 1 frame per second to eliminate the excess stills.

Comment

Here's the finished product. Thanks for the help everybody.

Comment

What do you do this poster for? Was it a commission?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Green View Post
                    What do you do this poster for? Was it a commission?
                    Bored at work/promo piece.

Comment

Working...
                    X