Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fail to upload Window Layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The error still pops up. Could it maybe be the network?
    Attached Files

Comment

Unlikely. That seems to be an error in how your system is saving projects and files. If you make a new project and you still see this problem it's somehow not making an appropriate backup of the default layout. I worry that this might break other parts of your project as well over time.

Are you able to work at the school (you can email me if it's at all confidential)?

If not, you can override the layout problem each time; but it'll be bit of a pain
      1. Hit Cntrl-N on your keyboard to open a new window.
      2. In the top entry field enter "%appdata%"
      3. Go to AppData/Roaming/Unity/Editor-5.x/Preferences/Layouts/default
      4. Look for a file called Default.wlt
      5. Right-click it and choose Open With...
      6. Choose Notepad
      7. Once its opened, select all and copy it
      Now go to your Unity project folder
      1. Open the LIbrary folder
      2. Look for CurrentLayout-default.DWLT
      3. Right-click and choose Open With...
      4. Choose Notepad
      5. Paste everything into this document
      6. Save
      Open the project.

Comment

It does work at school, but I can't return to school until the 30th. I did what you said and it crashed
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry Bella. I don't know what further to tell you. If it happens every time you create a new project (not just open an old one) there seems to definitely be something about your home system that causes this. I guess last thing you could try is to

a) Reinstall Unity.
          b) Use an external HD (where you presumably have full read/write privileges) to create your project to, and work off of

Comment

Alright, I'll try both of those out once I finished this homework for another class and give you a update.

Comment

So I try both of them and sadly the error popped up for the HD and unity crashed when I reinstall it. I'm gonna install Unity onto the external HD and see if that works but if it doesn't work is there any other way or anything else I can do to get grades since I won't be able to use unity until or after the 30th of this month.

Comment

Working...
              X