Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C4D question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4D question

Question Regarding - Cinema 4d

How would I be able to make a loop with an animation that I have already made? I seem to only be able to accomplish this by just adding more animation, but it isn't a continuous loop.

I'm not sure what the exact command is in C4D, but in Maya and XSI, in the curve editors, usually under some kind of Curves menu, there's a cycle option.

If all else fails, take a look through the help menu and search for animation loops or cycles. Do not be afraid to press F1.

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

I have found a cycle option, but I still can't figure out how to use it.
      Under the timeline menu I press Key, then Cycle, and having highlighted all my animation I say cycle 5, but it still wont cycle.
      Also, I have tried using the help menus but I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

Comment

perhaps this pdf can help? I saw something about some functions not being in the newer versions of C4D... i dunno, I've had literally one day of experience in C4D.

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

Assuming you're using C4D 10.x: Create your animation. Open the Timeline, expand the object animated. Right-click on the sequence (i.e. Postion, Scale, Rotate, etc...) that you want to repeat. Choose After>Repeat. Note, you can also have it Oscillate, or repeat with offset.

C4D sometimes changes the nature of its functions - implements new ways of doing things - which sometimes makes it hard to know how to do things with the most recent implementation if you're used to an older workflow; but I've actually never found a function not being available in a newer version of C4d that was available in an older one.

Comment

Working...
          X