Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our host moved us without notifying us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our host moved us without notifying us...

... and I'm not happy about it.

Around 8 PM tonight I noticed that all new threads and all new posts that made after 10 AM this morning (10/31/2005) were missing.

From what I can deduce, our host moved servers sometime today and didn't bother to tell me.

So, since all that was lost was a few threads about Kelley's Car (sorry to hear it died), Tiny's Printer Search (so that he doesn't wind up in jail killing an Adobe rep) and my "Whatcha doing on Halloween" thread, I'm not going to worry about too much and just apologize for the inconvenience.

Once I get on the horn with the host tomorrow, I'll report back to all y'all.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Ouch... I thought it was just a forum upgrade.

Comment

Nope, I was hoping the upgrade woud repair the db if that was the problem. But when I started the test thread and its ID was 4193 and I knew I had made a thread with that ID eaarlier in the day, I started to understand what might have happened.

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Hey uh, gallery isn't working at this moment, I was gonna show a friend of mine in California our school's work....nooooooo!!!

Comment

Sorry Janzer... just heard from Denny that its missing. The host will not let me make my own subdomains so when they moved it they didn't recreate the subdomains.

Time to throw in a support ticket that won't get answered anytime soon.

:mad:

Comment

:mad:

most DEFINITLY time to switch hosts, eh?
            The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

Comment

Working...
            X