Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto Login Feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Login Feature?

Is there an auto login feature here? I'm tired of always having to manually logging in every time I come here. If there is one could someone please tell me how to do it. I would figure it would be in the profile section like other places but I could be missing it. Thanks.
    Pi Studios

All of the 'cookie' features have been removed.

Since students will be accessing the forums via the lab, Adam and I have agreed that this is the correct choice. Having to log-in each time protects you from having other students 'use' your account to post things. Not everyone 'logs out' when their session is over, so it leaves it open for these sorts of things to happen.

Sorry about the inconvenience.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Thanks.
      Pi Studios

Comment

Not really auto log in but

I get in login fine then go to post and everytime (almost) it makes me sign in again and the post isnt done, Ive resorted to pretyping my post on notepad. Something on my end probably?

Comment

No Pat... it's not on your end.

We have the cookies turned off and have the login time out after a few minutes, so that student's don't post using other peoples accounts.

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmm

thios time out seems extremely short maybe get off 2 one liners and its log in again, the post is wiped and your trying to remember what was type (notepad). I can see the trouble cookies might cause but the headache of losing a good post is huge. Whats to say a user is at a public libraary forgets to log out it just a plausible that someone not even affiliated would enter under someones ID.

Main point is there a way to extened the log out to like 7 minutes thats the average across any login system i beleive

Comment

Re: hmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by ttech
              Main point is there a way to extened the log out to like 7 minutes thats the average across any login system i beleive
              Good point, I'll see what I can do about that.

Comment

That is a good point. I've gotten in the habit of making sure that I select all of my message and copy it before hitting the Submit Reply button, just in case I have to post it again.

Not sure what the solution is though.....Mike's tha man tho...I'm sure he'll figure something out.

Comment

Time out is set for 12 mins right now... and it has been the whole time. I'll see if I'm missing another setting...

Comment

Working...
                  X