Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with pdf files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that one I could open but the ones in the Project 2 post, I still cannot.

Comment

Here's something I've found, try this and tell me if it works:

When I click on a PDF form I get a blank page and/or an error message. What can I do?

Certain builds of Netscape, Internet Explorer and AOL do not properly display embedded PDF files, even if Acrobat Reader is installed. Instead they display a blank screen, an error message or a blank screen with a small document image in the upper left corner.

Examples of some of the error messages:
      "File does not begin with '%PDF-'"
      "Error reading xref entry."

To get around this Adobe recommends configuring Acrobat as a helper, not a plug-in, here's how you do it:

Enabling the Browser to Use Acrobat as a Helper Application

To configure Acrobat or Acrobat Reader as a helper application:

1. Exit from Netscape, Internet Explorer and/or AOL.
      2. Start Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.
      3. Choose Edit > Preferences > Internet (Acrobat 6.x or Acrobat Reader 6.x)
      or
      Choose Edit > Preferences > General (Acrobat 5.x or Acrobat Reader 5.x)
      or
      choose File > Preferences > General (Acrobat 4.x or Acrobat Reader 4.x).
      4. In the Options section, deselect Display PDF in Browser (Acrobat 6/5.x or Acrobat Reader 6/5.x)
      or
      deselect Web Browser Integration (Acrobat 4.x or Acrobat Reader 4.x).
      5. Click OK, and then exit from Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.
      6. Restart Netscape, Internet Explorer or AOL.

Note: The next time you select a link to a PDF file in Internet Explorer and AOL, a dialog box will prompt you to specify what to do with the file. If you select "Open this file from its current location," Internet Explorer and AOL open the PDF file in Acrobat 4.0 or later or Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later as a helper application. If you select "Save this file to disk," Internet Explorer saves the PDF file to your hard disk, from where you can open it later.

For more information about the general preferences in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader, refer to Adobe Acrobat's help file or web site.

http://www.ci.lincoln.ne.us/main/helppdf.htm
      ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Working...
      X