Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with pdf files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with pdf files

Professor Clayton
    I tried to open some of the pdf files from different threads and I get a dialog box saying "file does not begin with '%PDF-'." I tried opening it into another window it didn't work. I tried saving it to my computer that didn't work either. I even reload acrobat and that didn't work. Do you have any other suggestions.
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one's self in the ranks of the insane."
    Marcus Aurelius

Which PDF are you trying to open?

We did a test on this yesterday and for some reason the PDF in the Orientation thread will not open for love nor money.

Let me try it here and see what happens.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

That particular one works for me. The SIMD secretary was trying to dl it yesterday and it wouldn't let her open it either.

It worked on my Mac with Reader 7.

Opened on my PC in Reader 6.

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

I tried opening a couple of your pdf files from foundations and they would not open.
        "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one's self in the ranks of the insane."
        Marcus Aurelius

Comment

What version of Acrobat Reader do you have Robert?

Also, what is your operating system?

Comment

I have Reader 5.0 and XP pro. There are a couple of other students that are having trouble with the files also.
            Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Same problem

I tried to open a pdf file from print III and I get the same error message, right now I'm working on the computers from the Media Center. And the verion installed is acobat 6.

Comment

Okay... try this.

1) Right click the link and 'Save Target As...' and save it to the Desktop

2) Go to the desktop and right click and choose 'Open with...' and choose 'Acrobat Reader'.

Then tell me if it opens or not.

Also, since the CS2 suite is supposed to be on those machines in the Media Center, choose 'Open with...' and then navigate to C/Program Files/Adobe/ and find the Acrobat 7 Reader and open it with that.

I have successfully opened all the PDFs on four different machines (2 Macs and 2 PCs) here at the house and all have opened.

Comment

Okay that work.

Comment

Its probably something screwy with the install and the way things were set up when they did it.

I'll make a note of it and see what can be done.

Comment

I tried the open with and got a box saying the file could not be open because it is not supported or corrupted
                      Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by dtazakio
                        I tried the open with and got a box saying the file could not be open because it is not supported or corrupted
                        I just emailed two PDFs to your uiwtx account.

See if you can open them.

Comment

Mine do not open as well. I saved it to the desktop and it says the file is corrupted.

Adobe 7.0 and XP pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Missa
                            Mine do not open as well. I saved it to the desktop and it says the file is corrupted.

Adobe 7.0 and XP pro.
                            Hmmm... this is strange.

Can you open the attachment in this thread?

Comment

Since I updated to Reader 7 I have had no problems opening up any of the files.
                              Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Working...
                              X