Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F.A.Q.: Admissions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.A.Q.: Admissions

How do I apply for acceptance into the Computer Graphic Arts program at UIW?
    As a young program we currently have an open door policy. Just sign up for CART 1301 (Introduction to Computer Graphic Arts) and CART 1380 (Foundations of Digital Design) to get started. As the program grows, the requirements to be a major will grow tougher as the talent level rises. Right now is a great time for everyone interested in any aspect of computer graphic arts.

What kind of computer background do I need to be a CART major?
    None really. Typically, our majors have a strong interest in computer graphic arts and many have had experience in the area. However, if you have interest in computer generated art or are interested in exploring any area of CGA as a career take a class and see if it lights your fire.

Can I transfer from another major into the CART program?
    You bet. Many of our students are transfers from other majors.

Is there a CART minor? What are the required classes?
    Yes there is. A CART minor is a perfect compliment to majors such as Communications, Marketing, or Advertising. To get a CART minor you'll need to take the following eighteen (18) credit hours:
    CART 1301: Introduction to Computer Graphic Arts
    CART 1302: Digital Imaging
    CART 2300: Graphic Design I (Web I)
    CART 2301: 3D Animation I
    CART 2310: Graphic Design II (Print I)
    CART 2311: 3D Animation II

How can I pay for tuition at UIW?
    The financial aid department here at the University of the Incarnate Word is an aggressive and helpful office. Their site says:

The primary purpose of financial aid is to provide resources to students who would otherwise be unable to pursue a post-secondary education. At UIW, we believe that all students should be able to attend the university that best suits their academic and personal needs.

They're very willing and able to help. However, many of the funds are first come, first serve, so get in contact with them now.

Are there scholarships available in the CART program?
    Unfortunately, not many. The scholarships that we do have a typically reserved for students within the program who have proven their work ethic and talent. As time goes on, we plan to have more.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page
Working...
X