Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unity: Fail to add geometry for mesh/ Mesh is missing required attributes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unity: Fail to add geometry for mesh/ Mesh is missing required attributes

While I was trying to bake, this red error came up. I'm not actually sure what I should do
    Attached Files

Wow. That's a pretty weird one. This might take a while, but it can sometimes solve this sorts of weird problems:

Choose Assets>Reimport All. This can take a bit, but it will force Unity to go shake hands will all the assets and make sure it understands them all.

Comment

so.. everything turned pink. and also the shaders are all gone (it says none). I mean the shader is placed as None and main maps are not there anymore.
      I'm trying to bring it back together but I think the shader is wrong.
      Attached Files

Comment

Something very strange has happened there. If you look at the Shader its asking for things like Albedo, which is part of a different Shader type (not the PBR/PBS shaders we were using in class with HDRP). This mean the texture information doesn't match up with the shader type. Did you change from HDRP somehow? Or build a new project that's using URP?

Try Assets>Import All and see if Unity will rebuild the shaders using the appropriate shader type. If not, in the Project tab, select all of your Materials and ten in the Inspector change the Surface Type: HDRP/Lit.

Comment

Okay thank you, I was able to get my project to function and the shaders are back to their original setting. But I'm having a problem with my audio, I placed them in the project but when I activate the play mode, it's not playing anything.

Comment

Make sure that:
            1. The sound is set to Play on Awake
            2. The sound is set to Loop (if applicable)
            3. Your computer has sound/volume
            4. There is a camera in your scene with an Audio Listener component

Comment

Working...
            X