Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring 2020 | Turn-In Thread: Final Project Proposal (Due 4/15)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring 2020 | Turn-In Thread: Final Project Proposal (Due 4/15)

​​​​​​Final Game Proposal & Presentation
    1. Download and fill out (digitally (NOT handwritten) your final project proposal.
    2. Upload the finished PDF here.
    3. We will meet on Wednesday, 4/15 via Zoom (ID in email) at 10:30 AM (our classtime). There you will present your 5 minute "elevator" pitch of what your final project will be.
    4. As a class we will vote, and the top three games will be produced. If your project is selected, you will receive an extra 25 points on the Final Project. There will be a grade assigned for your proposal.

Each student will be part of a team for one of the games. All members of each team may share art assets (you can build, borrow, or buy all models, textures, and animations for this project); but your code must be your own. You can talk about how you solved a coding problem, but not copy/paste code from a teammate. For this Final Project you will be submitting both your build and your Unity Project and I will be looking for duplicated code. In this case, shared code is academic dishonesty and will result in a 0 fo the final and you will be reported to the university.

A few notes and hints:
    1. Be mindful of scale. You'll have about two and a half weeks to finish this project. You're not going to make the next GTA or Skyrim in this time. Think more of a playable demo.
    2. Avoid 2D side-scrollers. Although Unity does 2D very well, we haven't done any 2D work in class and tackling the slightly different parts and code for that is more than we want to tackle in the short time you have to produce this project.
    3. Avoid racing games. Most all of a racing game boils down (at its core) to car mechanics. We aren't going to build that beast from scratch, and if you're just using someone else's content you're not building anything of your own.
    4. Avoid pitching something that has a tutorial online already. I've seen most of these, and if you pitch and then build a game that comes from a YouTube or other online tutorial, it's cheating. Don't do it.
    5. Post questions about the project here. I'll be happy to answer them.
    6. Start thinking about and doing the work of the proposal (not the production) now. The more you think about it, talk with your classmates about it, talk with me about it, the better your final project will be.

I'll see you at 10:30 on Wednesday, 4/15 for your presentations. Be sure your completed proposals are posted here before then.
    Last edited by Professor Watkins; April 13, 2020, 09:39.

Mariah Kimberly R. Hortillano

Attached Files

Comment

Daisy Fuentes
      Attached Files

Comment

Joshua Gutierrez

Attached Files

Comment

Kevin Jordan Lilly
          Attached Files

Comment

Johnathan Rios

Attached Files

Comment

Malik Ellis
              Attached Files
              Last edited by mjellis; April 15, 2020, 09:45.

Comment

Jack Alexander
                Attached Files

Comment

Benjamin Lukasik
                  Attached Files

Comment

Your proposal is empty Malik.

Comment

Working...
                    X