Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New lighting set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New lighting set up

This ismy new lighting set up. It dropped my render time from 3 min to 30 sec so i added the reflections on the ground bringing it to 1 min 6 sec.
    'Allow me to explain about the animation buisness. The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the way to imminent disaster. Strangely enough however, it all turns out well. “How?” You ask... I don’t know, it’s a mystery.'

old light set up
    'Allow me to explain about the animation buisness. The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the way to imminent disaster. Strangely enough however, it all turns out well. “How?” You ask... I don’t know, it’s a mystery.'

Comment

P.S.

Anyone know how to fix that banding going on int the upper right corner of the new set up. It looks like geometry but its not.

Comment

isolate which light is causing it
        try making your depth map shadow resolution a little bigger
        if that doesn't work try making the filter a little bigger
        usually the resolution works for me. most of mine in my mouse scene are set at 1024 because at 512 they get banding

you lost a lot of the cool shadows on the wall... was that part of what was taking up all the render time...also the new one seems a little more yellow...i like the overall tone of the orig better
        http://www.jennybarton.com

Comment

Working...
        X