Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mac-compatible cd's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mac-compatible cd's

My mac is very tempermental about what brand of blank cd's it will read/write. I've found that Memorex and Imation have gotten stuck and Verbatim brand works fine... however I cannot find any. Best Buy advertises them but when I go the shelves are always empty.

Does anyone know of a brand that they've never had a problem with on their mac that I can try?

Thanks!

What make and model of Mac do you have?

I had problems years ago... but not in recent memory.

I use Imation, Memorex, CompUSA, Verbatim, Ryko, etc., and no problems.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

I have a powermac G4. It seems like any discs that have a design on them don't work, at least that's what I assumed might be the problem.

Comment

Yeah, I've had a lot of problems with Imation on my macs too - especially with external drives. Ironically, the generic CompUSA discs seem to work fairly well.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster Taco View Post
          I have a powermac G4. It seems like any discs that have a design on them don't work, at least that's what I assumed might be the problem.
          Yeah my Powermac G4 (Sawtooth, c. 1999) had problems with Imation and one other generic CD-R I can't remember the name of.

Like Professor Watkins, my disk of choice right now is the CompUSA brand of CD-R (funny coincidence). I'm also currently using Memorex DVD-Rs, and those are working great.

Plus, since you are using an older Mac, you might to check the CD-Rs that you are using and note the compatible speeds. Back then, the CD-R speeds were low (2x to 8x) so you might want to make sure that you are getting compatible speed CD-Rs.
          ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

I'll try CompUSA's, thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X