Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of making a Gamers/Artist Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of making a Gamers/Artist Club

I have been thinking lately about creating a new club on UIW Campus. I even have paperwork needed to complete from the Director of Student Center & Leadership Activities.

It is very early in creating the club and coming up with the a couple thoughts.
    I am curious is if anyone else would be interesting to joining in a Gamers/Artists Club type with like a commitment to be there and participate. Something available for creative individuals. You know, like from what I learned and read in the forum, there are some pretty awesome people who likes to play video games, read manga, and have a deep interest in the type of Computer Graphic Arts. Aside from the forum there are other people who likes to draw and create mangas or compose and play music.

Wouldn't it be great to make this kind of club with some events like playing video games with people you can learn from or draw some fan arts of our favorite games to share some of our personal inspirations?

Plus many other plans and ideas I have in mind....

I know for sure some people would join in this club, but what about those of you, that I haven't gotten a chance to talk face to face??

Please feel free to share a post under this thread on what you think about this club and let me know if you'd be interested to sign up for it!

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your replies!
    Last edited by Andoni; September 12, 2007, 22:50.
    Itsumo tanjun na hodo kurushinde....
    Ikite yuku imi wo shirita kara.

トチンラスチミチヌ

I like the sound of it. I'd be willing to check it out if you ever get it rolling.
    "Music can lift us out of depression or move us to tears - it is a remedy, a tonic, orange juice for the ear. But for many of my neurological patients, music is even more - it can provide access, even when no medication can, to movement, to speech, to life. For them, music is not a luxury, but a necessity."

--Oliver Sacks

Comment

Good luck starting a club...it's quite a bit of work. I tried to start an anime club last year and didn't have the time to get it approved by the SGA (finished all the paperwork, but missed the SGA meeting where they would vote on whether the school would approve the club or not.)

I might be interested in joining if you get this club started (depending on the meeting times of course). Since I wasn't able to start my anime club, I'm going to organize some "anime nights" every week or every other week for me and some friends to just relax and watch anime either in the student center or in one of the dorm lounges. Anyone interested in joining me for that can shoot me an e-mail at bwitt@uiwtx.edu or messaging me on facebook (I started an anime group on there). ^_^ ...sorry to advertise in your thread, I should go start my own. ^_^;
      [sarcasm] I hate anime and Dance Dance Revolution! [/sarcasm]

"Comic Sans and Papyrus!? What foul villainy is transpiring in this office!?" -The Graphic Avenger

Comment

Awesome, Ramina! :)

Brittany: It's okay haha. I can save all the trouble of paperwork to get up the club... and as for anime it's inseparable with manga. I mean like once the manga comes out, it's followed by anime and so forth.. I actually had though of making a Movie/Anime Night to watch some of the amazing animes! Like "Miyazaki's Howling Castle" and others like the series of "Berserk"! Though that's like one of the other things I have in mind... in fact I'll post up the Events/ Activities I have thought of yesterday, so everyone can get a super idea of what this huge club would be about.

Besides it wouldn't be that bad having huge number of members come in mixed in share the majority of hobbies and interests.
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
        ~ Activities and Events of the new Club ~

Game Days! - Play video games with fellow members and create some fan arts of our favorite games!

Sessions! – Evolving the imaginations into creations, extending our inspirations!

Team Meetings Event! - Participations from all members to meet a location and share interests in creating/developing a project for commitment to win in competitions throughout Internet Announced or tournaments well known through the Untied States and International!

Forum Twilight! – Club website updating to announcing news and artist’s galleries!

Performances Nights! - Poetry, Prose, Writer, Musicians and Singer Artists have a chance to demonstrate their talents in a local site! Painters/Drawers/Animator can exhibit their creations over projectors for reviews!

Exchange Meet Days! – Exchange video games, Manga Graphic Novels, Books, Music tracks, Programs, and other resources to share around the inspirations and ideas!

In Action! – Meeting at another location for a project being developed step by step from the beginning, that a beginner artists or I would demonstrate to artists based on my instincts how to develop better and stronger!

Movie Nights! – Watching a specific Movie/Anime that captures the interests of the majority creative individuals!

Guest Speakers Event! – Guest speakers in the Marian Hall talks about their own experiences and set motivational goals for members!

トチンラスチミチヌ

Comment

I really would like to do the "Exchange Meet Day". I have a bunch of manga and anime dvds collecting dust up on the shelf that I'd LOVE to trade. ^__^

"Comic Sans and Papyrus!? What foul villainy is transpiring in this office!?" -The Graphic Avenger

Comment

How would game days work. Like would people bring their computers and lan or something.
            CERVUS LACESSITUS LEO

"What is a chair? It's ahh...anti-gravity device." Glen Keane

Comment

People could bring console systems as long as we had TVs to hook it up too...oooo! We could hook it up to a projection screen! That'd be fun. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gustov View Post
                How would game days work. Like would people bring their computers and lan or something.

Game Days would probably work, where we meet up places, sometimes dorms, my house or other member's houses and play the consoles systems where we have available. But first, I gotta know what kind of consoles members of the club own, and what the most popular games/computer games around are played within the club. I mean if we don't get a chance to meet around, we could always play MMO through Internet at our own homes for those who don't live in dorms. But that's just the general idea.

There are actually places I know where we could have consoles connected by projectors with decent parking lot. ;)

When you join in the club, we'll have full details how,where,what and other information for the Game Day to run by.

トチンラスチミチヌ

Comment

The club sounds like a lot of fun. Schoolwork permitting I'd like to join.
                  =^-^=

Comment

i would join definitely.
                    Mammon slept. And the beast reborn spread over the earth and its numbers grew legion. And they proclaimed the times and sacrificed crops unto the fire, with the cunning of foxes. And they built a new world in their own image as promised by the sacred words, and spoke of the beast with their children. Mammon awoke, and lo! it was naught but a follower.

--The Book of Mozilla, 11:9

Comment

Sounds dandy. I'd join, as other say, as long as school permits.

Comment

Originally posted by Arget Cat View Post
                        The club sounds like a lot of fun. Schoolwork permitting I'd like to join.
                        =^-^=
                        Originally posted by mobile_toothpaste View Post
                        i would join definitely.
                        Originally posted by Deliman View Post
                        Sounds dandy. I'd join, as other say, as long as school permits.

Those comments are very encouraging, although I don't want to let down everybody. But I come to think of how I used my time this week, it's insane. But I am positive, I can create this club with a dedicated patience and a bit of more planning.

It's been 3 weeks, the first one was evil, the second one was hell and the third one was torture. But still I love the classes:)!

So what I am going to do now, is get the paperwork done for creating the club. Wait a couple weeks before making it all-front, first class, and official in school. For now, we could just do it casually meet up on Fridays for maybe a couple of hours, for those of you who don't have any classes or figure a good date and time appropriately for once a week. Also, I 'll form a thread in "The Porch" ( Off Topic Forum), for the updates about this club and the title is ARU and it'll be updated weekly or something starting next week.Today or this weekend I'll have the 1st post for the thread ready with more information.

トチンラスチミチヌ

Comment

I'd join, if the meetings weren't held after thursday afternoon. D:
                          Thus why I can't join the clubs I want. Phooey.

But I like the idea of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Obsydian View Post
                            I'd join, if the meetings weren't held after thursday afternoon. D:
                            Thus why I can't join the clubs I want. Phooey.

But I like the idea of it!

Boo. That's terrible. :( but we'll see how the schedule goes on and such.. The club's new forum is currently being developed.

: )

トチンラスチミチヌ

Comment

http://http://aru.aceboard.com

Check more info at this Thread:

http://http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/sho...9567#post49567

トチンラスチミチヌ

Comment

Working...
                              X