Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teaching Station in 236

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaching Station in 236

Windows is having trouble booting up. And PowerPoint is only a trial version. Need to have a full version there to teach with. It also seemed to be hanging up at the end of a presentation last night and wouldn't advance slides.

Bob....are you running Windows in 236?

Also, about Powerpoint, were you running that on the Mac or PC side? If you're on the Mac, there is a trial version automatically installed (even if we install the full version - which I think Mike did). Unfortunately, if you double click on a PPT, the Mac defaults to the trial version.

On my home machine, I trashed the Trial version from my Applications folder, and then opened one file from the "real" version and then my Mac mapped automatically to the correct version.

Not sure if that's the issue, but thought I'd volunteer it anyway.

Comment

I was running PPT on the Mac side. If it's okay I'll go in and trash the trial version. On the PC side, Denny was up there trying to help me. It would start up get to about load the full desktop with icons and then black out and go to a 'we're sorry about Windows blah, blah," message. Started up three times and finally had Denny help me get to MAC. Don't care what side I'm on just need to be sure it runs. Also not sure why it was petering out at the end of the presentation. File was large but it would just hang on each slide and you had to almost escape to get it to move forward through the slides.

Okay and just another jab at us Mac folks on the 'default to Trial Version' thing. Just Bill Gates' way of getting back at us for being so cool.

Comment

So are we good then?

Comment

Not exactly

The Windows side is not booting up properly. In fact, wouldn't boot up for me at all.

Comment

I will open a work order and have someone out there as soon as possible.

Comment

Thanks!

Appreciate it.

Comment

I installed Microsoft Office on the Mac side and trashed the Test Drive version.
                ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

I am having a problem with the way the projector works when I am in Windows. It will not mirror the monitor it will only act as an additional monitor. I use the projector to teach off of so it would be great if this could be fixed.
                  Cameron Brooks

Comment

All projector issues go to the media center. You can email Rodney Evans or Gino Segovia or call the media center.

Comment

That actually sounds not like a projector issue but an issue with Window's Display settings (since the projector works). I'll take a look at it a little later today too....I suspect its a setting in the Control Panels.

Comment

Yeah, it's running in Clone mode now. Unfortunately it means that the iMac's screen is a bit stretched (because it's a wide screen), but the projection now is the same as what's on the iMac screen.

For future reference, right click on the Desktop, choose Properties
                        Go to Settings
                        Click on Advanced
                        Click on GeForce 7300GT Tab
                        Click on nView Display Settings
                        Change nView Display Mode to Clone

Comment

FYI: Scanner works through Photoshop TWAIN on the Mac side of the teaching station.
                          ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Working...
                          X