Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zbrush 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zbrush 3

Pixologic anounced version three a week ago.

The latest upgrade has been delayed for quite some time now. Pixologic originally slated to release version 2.5 a few years ago will now release version 3 on May 15th 2007.

The video demonstrations of 2.5 were impressive. New features such as Layering displacement maps on mesh and a higher polygon count are definatelly welcome additions. The latest version includes what are reffered to as subtools. (Zbrush does have some very confusing names for it's workflow) Subtools are like an object based system for keeping meshes seperate from each other and still flexible. The current version of zbrush requires users to sort of copy and paste a mesh to make an object exist with another object. The problem with this is that once copied and pasted there is no going back, the meshes are seen as one mesh which kills flexibility. The work around in maintaining a flexible model really slows things down. So subtools are a great improvement. There is also a new feature similar to photoshops clone tool. Except it is in three dimensions. The user can sample a particular area of an image and paint that area onto an object. Also the zspheres have a more use in versoin 3. They behave more like bones. Adjusting a character pose should be easier.
    There are some other features I have not heard much about since version 2.5. There was talk of totally new way of texturing that was independent of UV mapping. Instead of the user having to flatten out a mesh for projecting a texture, the user just paints on the 3d object itself. At least that was what I was lead to believe on their forums. It sounds great but still the issue of exporting such a mesh could be problematic. Unless pixologic is able to create a new standard for 3d software companies to endorse, pixologic would have to create a seperate plugin to move such files or risk creating a conversion system that would interperlate the resolution of the texture, what areas of the mesh have priority over the other. To maintain the quality of the texture could result in huge files that may not render... It'll be interesting to see what pixologic does. I wouldn't mind a new standard for models, the obj standard is getting really old.

To see a new video of the upcoming version. Follow the link

Hi, It has been a long time since my last post and I am glad to have this opportunity to communicate with you again:) . I am certain that you want to know more about the next ZBrush version, but first, I would like to talk a bit about ZBrush 2... ZBrush 2 ZBrush 2 launched in April of 2004. As I look back, I can't help but wonder whether ZBrush was the only thing that was released at that particular moment? My belief is that something else was also released - something that is
    箴 言 18:12
    敗 壞 之 先 , 人 心 驕 傲 ; 尊 榮 以 前 , 必 有 謙 卑 。
Working...
X