Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with illus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with illus.

Yea im trying to use the pathfinder tool on my mackbook pro and everytime i try to use it the program closes. Why is it doing that? ([Illustrator)

A quick Google search (illustrator cs2 macbook pathfinder) yields this fix:

Make sure the Appearance pallet is closed when Illustrator launches and pathfinder functions will work fine.

Close Appearance and relaunch Illustrator. If you need to use the Appearance pallet open it, but close it before you quit, so it won't be open when you launch Illustrator next time.
    Source: http://creativebits.org/illustrator/...nder_operation
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

There's also issues if your Macbook is Intel based....what kind of processor to you have?

Comment

Its a 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo

Comment

Yeah. Until PS3 comes out, all the Adobe stuff sucks on the new Intels. I did a Photoshop demo a week or so ago, and Adobe called and asked that I please not do the demo on a Mac as it'd make them look bad. They insisted I do it on a PC. Bleh.

Since you have the Intel, you should install Bootcamp, and then you could run CS2 in Windoze until CS3 comes out.

Comment

Sounds like you need to reinstall

I use a MacBook Pro and don't have that problem. I'd try reinstalling the software.

Comment

I'm on a macbook too, and I've had that problem pop up and down. Mike's solution works pretty well most of the time.

Just a plug here, Parallels (an $80 piece of software) will allow you to run Windoze *inside* of OSX. You might look at picking it up as you'd be able to run either side of the isle at your leisure.

Comment

I'll second Prof Watkins on Parallels. Smooth working in Illustrator on the Windoze side (with enough RAM)... but with CS3 around the corner (i.e. next week) the problems will correct themselves (hopefully). ;)
                ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

*fingers crossed*

Comment

Working...
                  X