Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creative Summit XXII (3/30-3/31; San Marcos, TX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Summit XXII (3/30-3/31; San Marcos, TX)

Click image for larger version

Name:	CSXXII.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	312989

March 30 - March 31, 2007
    Alkek Library Theater
    Texas State University - San Marcos
    San Marcos, Texas

Speakers
    Ken Shafer

Ken Shafer Design, Seattle, WA
    www.kenshaferdesign.com

Myers Raymer
    Raymer Bookbinding, Lewisville, TX

Kim Blanchette
    Blanchette Press, Richmond, BC, Canada

www.blanchettepress.com

Everett Peck
    San Diego, CA
    www.epeck.com

Charles Phoenix
    Los Angeles, CA

www.godblessamericana.com

Tommy Steele

Gary Panter
    New York
    www.garypanter.com

Sandro

Sandro, Inc., Chicago, IL
    www.sandromiller.com

Lance Letscher
    Austin, TX
    www.howardscottgallery.com
    www.mcmurtreygallery.com

Eric Heiman
    Volume, Inc. San Francisco, CA
    www.volumesf.com

Registration
    Students: $65
    Professionals: $95

Refunds
    Due to the overwhelming participation, no refunds will be issued.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Competition Details

Here's the competition entry form:

ABOUT THE COMPETITION
    Students registered for the Creative Summit are encouraged to enter their work in a student competition which is judged by each year’s guest speakers and some past speakers.
    Only those pieces that are judged to be outstanding will be accepted into the student competition and put on exhibit throughout the Creative Summit in the Alkek Library Theater lobby. Certificates of Excellence will be awarded to all entries accepted into the show.
    The awards and scholarship monies will be announced for the most outstanding student works at the closing ceremony Saturday night.
    Only Student work produced between 2006-2007 is eligible. All work submitted must have been produced by a student that is currently
    enrolled in an accredited college, university, art school or high school. All work must have been produced as part of a school’s curriculum.
    Any work produced as freelance, at an internship or otherwise is not eligible. If submitting work that was produced by a group, please indicate your name as acting art director.
    HILL and the Creative Summit are not responsible for the loss or damage of any submitted artwork. Please do not submit originals unless you are willing to face this risk.

HOW TO SUBMIT PORTFOLIOS FOR COMPETITION
    Student Registration fee is $65. Students who cannot attend the conference can still enter the show; however the cost is the same.
    Students entering the competition may submit a portfolio of 1-8 pieces in a portfolio case/bag. Individual pieces may be pulled from your portfolio for the show. Each piece needs to be mounted on a black board as a stand alone, including each piece of a series or campaign. Work may include graphic design, illustration, photography, electronic media, and advertising.
    School groups are encouraged to package multiple portfolios together whenshipping or delivering. All work must be submitted in a portfolio case/bag clearly labeled with the student's name and school information. Each individual piece submitted must be labeled with the Creative Summit entry form. Make sure all information is correct and legible. Please tape the entry form to the back of each piece. Portfolio numbers will be assigned upon check in.

REQUIREMENTS FOR ELECTRONIC / INTERACTIVE / DIGITAL ARTWORK
    IMPORTANT:Label each CD-ROM, DVD or submitted piece with student’s name, address, phone number, school information and name of piece. Please do not submit slides. All electronic entries must be submitted on a non-returnable Macintosh based CD-ROM or data DVD. (No ZIP or Floppy Discs will be accepted). All entries must be self-running applications. These pieces will be copied to another Mac for presentation purposes. Files must run independently and without access to the original disc once copied. All pieces should run on OSX. Items that do not run on OSX will not be accepted. All movie projects should be saved and submitted in the Quicktime file format without any special plugins. Size should be 640 pixels X 480 pixels at 15 frames per second using the best video codec available. We recommend using MPEG-4 Video if at all possible. Web site entries can be submitted with URLs from online web sites for judging but you must also include all relevant files for the website to run without web access. No web access will be available at the show for any website pieces that may be accepted. Please submit high resolution color laser printouts in case we experience any technical difficulties with your website. If you have any other questions please contact Pat Smith at HILLat (713) 523-7363.

SUBMIT PORTFOLIOS IN SAN MARCOS
    Students entering the competition may deliver their portfolios to the Hampton Inn & Suites in San Marcos on Wednesday, March 28, between 4:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. or on Thursday, March 29, between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.

PORTFOLIO PICKUP
    Portfolio cases/bags may be picked up between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. at the Hampton Inn & Suiteson Friday, March 30 or on Saturday, March 31 between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the Alkek Library Theater. Any entrants not attending the Creative Summit must make arrangements to have their portfolios picked up at one of these times. All artwork accepted into the show may be picked up after the awards presentation on Saturday, March 31. The Creative Summit is not responsible for any portfolios or artwork left behind or not picked up by 9:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 31.

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Creative Summit is going to be cool. I hope I dont have much homework that week, because I really want to go. :3
      ~Deannie Martin
      "A Metal Heart is hard to tear apart!" ~Hammerfall

That's NO good!

Comment

Tonight was pretty dang good!

And I got a t-shirt!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Clayton View Post
          Tonight was pretty dang good!

And I got a t-shirt!!!!!!
          me too!...

dont wear it on monday ..!! .. HAHAHAH ... im might wear mine .. :D
          enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

Comment

Here's the group photo!

[ATTACH]15175[/ATTACH]

Comment

can someone photoshop me there?
              enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

Comment

at least half of me .. since i went one day

Comment

Jealous

Man, I so wanted to go!! Looks like a fun time.

Comment

Shoulda' gone.
                    It was fun and a lot of good speakers who showed good work.
                    "No cape darling"

Comment

Looks like ya'll had alot of fun. Got any funny stories to tell from Creative Summit?
                      "To label something as good or evil limits how we see it."

Comment

Working...
                      X