Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classes for January 17 start at Noon (staff reports at 10:00 AM)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classes for January 17 start at Noon (staff reports at 10:00 AM)

Just posted on UIW's page (www.uiw.edu) -

Campus Opening Postponed on Wednesday

Due to extreme weather conditions in the San Antonio area, including a probable chance of continued freezing precipitation, UIW will open at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, January 17, 2007, with a start time of noon for classes.

Administrators and staff are asked to report at 10 a.m., to prepare for the noon start of classes that mark the beginning of the Spring, 2007 semester.

Incarnate Word High School and St. Anthony Catholic High School will remain closed on Wednesday.

Faculty and staff should watch the web site, and local media, Wednesday morning for possible complete closure of the UIW campus, should conditions warrant.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

hmmmmmmm... so i only have one class on wednesday and its from 11:45am to 1:00pm... so then i just go in 15 minutes late, eh? aiight. I guess ill keep an eye on the website incase of full closure.
    The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

Comment

Originally posted by industrial_baby View Post
      hmmmmmmm... so i only have one class on wednesday and its from 11:45am to 1:00pm... so then i just go in 15 minutes late, eh? aiight. I guess ill keep an eye on the website incase of full closure.
      risk your life for almost a whole class?

lol

"Ah, beer. The cause of and the solution to all of life's problems.

Homer Simpson"

sigpic

Comment

so if we have class before noon do we go to that class or wait til the next class which starts at 110?

Comment

Originally posted by texas72shovelhead View Post
          risk your life for almost a whole class?

lol
          lol... well... you see... this is my last semester... id like to have as many free absenses saved up as possible for ummmm "emergencies" that may happen towards the end of the year... ecspecially after i peeked at the senior portfolio syllabus ;)

ehhhhhhhhh... i dunno ill ask Lori and see if she is going...

Comment

Originally posted by jtlopez View Post
            so if we have class before noon do we go to that class or wait til the next class which starts at 110?
            I am assuming that any class that starts before Noon would be cancelled. That's how I read it.
            ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Clayton View Post
              I am assuming that any class that starts before Noon would be cancelled. That's how I read it.
              hmmmmmmmmm so if my class starts at 11:45 do you think its cancelled?? It just says a start time of noon for classes... argh. :/

Comment

I'm pretty sure if your class is any time before 12, it's cancelled.

Comment

yep .. specially because students will come out with that excuse to not go to school ... just a few students = no class.
                  enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

Comment

I really hope that if we do have class tomorrow, the centimeter-thick layer of ice over my car's doors, wipers, and headlights melts, or at leasts gets thin enough for me to actually get in. (as it is now, all I can open is the very back) I don't have class until 4:00 pm tomorrow, if we don't have to go to classes that start before noon, so I do have plenty of time to wait (or to keep pounding on the ice with something until it comes off XD )

Aside from that, I really really hope I don't have any problems starting my car up. Let alone actually driving, but I'm not a maniacal driver or anything, so I shouldn't have to worry. :p
                    Algae grows in your sleep, beware.

Comment

if anyone is still having problems getting into their cars tomorrow, you can pour cold water onto it. I know I heard a guy on the news say not to because it can crack the glass, but that's more of a problem with using hot water. Just be careful with it.

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

Don't pour it on your windows though.

Comment

Working...
                        X