Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much sleep do YOU get during the school nights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much sleep do YOU get during the school nights?

I was wondering how much sleep us computer graphics people get during the typical school week. I know us 3D people hardly get any. I'm getting 4 hours if I'm lucky. What about you web/print people? Is it the same for you guys (this is what I really want to know)?
    Pi Studios

Well, this weekend when I was working on AJ's room and dog, I was averaging about 4 hours/night. But I was also working on the London video and some other stuff.

I feel your pain.....

Sleep is for the weak.

Comment

Re: How much sleep do YOU get during the school nights?

Originally posted by hopper2k
      What about you web/print people? Is it the same for you guys (this is what I really want to know)?
      sure is..

Comment

8 or 9?!! Holy cow! We aren't working you nearly hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Watkins
          8 or 9?!! Holy cow! We aren't working you nearly hard enough.
          LOL...she doesnt speak for everyone!!!! :)

Comment

wow! Feisty! Me thinks she doth protest too much! ;-)

Let's see:

8:00 pm to 4:00 am (so you can be at work at 5) - that's still 8 hours of sleep! Can't imagine what that would be like. Yep, we're not working you hard enough.

Comment

Late to bed,
              early to rise,
              gives you a headache,
              and bloodshot eyes.

Me?... in bed around Midnight/1 AM... up at 6 AM... that's around 5-6 hrs for you with poor math skils.

Except for weekends... when I can tag on one or two hours more... besides, the good cartoons don't begin until 8:30 anyways... that and the kids sleep in as well. ;)

(Just don't ask us how much sleep we got in grad school, right Adam... ;) )
              ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Originally posted by malMethod
                Hey getting drunk and partying does not consist of why you are not getting enough sleep!! ;) and as far as sleep is for the weak...no wonder you 3D folks are always in such a crabby mood!! lol

Comment

Crabby now, sleepless now, but employed in the industry later. Seems like a fair trade to me.

As far as getting more accomplished in less time; well, imagine what more could be accomplished with all that extra time you seem to be saving.

Comment

I would love to get 8 or 9 hours of sleep. The way I see it, sleep is a waste of time sometimes. Thats why I fall asleep during classes, well not now, the computer monitor keeps me awake with its blood thirsty rays.

And the true sign that we are being worked hard enough is falling asleep at the wheel and waking up from the sound of your head pounding the horn. Its happened once, but for only a couple of seconds.

Comment

Now Richard....just look at all the trouble you've caused.......just with one little innocent post.

Comment

... I couldn't come up with one for the web/print side... and believe me I tried! ;)
                        ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Great. Now I'm going to have that damn song in my head all day.

Comment

Try singing that out loud now.
                            Pi Studios

Comment

Originally posted by Romeoandjuliet
                              You should get all the facts before you make judgements. Where do you spend all your time Mal Method at Hooters?
                              *shrug* i was just implying by:

was that i dont go to sleep as early as you do. nothing more, nothing less -- no judgements on my part.

p.s. your judgement of me spending my time at hooters is incorrect kthx
                              Last edited by Guest; September 23, 2003, 18:40.

Comment

Working...
                              X