Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

screenshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screenshot

I wanted to prove to my friend that strongbad goes anime in one episode, I sent him the link but his computer is all messed up and has a severly corrupted flash player, I blame kazaa, so I wanted to know how to take a screen snapshot with photoshop. I couldn't find any thing about snapshots, or screenshots in the help files, maybe its windows related.....either way can anyone graciously tell me the command or steps to make a screen shot?

Assuming you're on a Windoze machine....

Hit the "Print Screen" button. This actually takes a screenshot that is stored in memory. Open Photoshop, select File>New (the dimensions should be set to whatever your monitor's resolution is at) and Edit>Paste. Save and send.

there are also lots of utilities; I use something called SnagIt. There are some freeware capture utilities as well, but since I haven't used them I can't really comment.

Comment

Yup.. its easy... just like he said.

I use SnapzPro on the Mac... been using it for years...
      ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

I USE!

GRAB which is a tool that comes with Mac OS X!

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Watkins
          Assuming you're on a Windoze machine....

Hit the "Print Screen" button. This actually takes a screenshot that is stored in memory. Open Photoshop, select File>New (the dimensions should be set to whatever your monitor's resolution is at) and Edit>Paste. Save and send.

there are also lots of utilities; I use something called SnagIt. There are some freeware capture utilities as well, but since I haven't used them I can't really comment.
          Just as an add-on to that; if you hold down ALT when you press Print Screen, it will just 'snapshot' the current window you are in. This is useful if you just want a small part of the screen, and don't wish to crop the image after you paste it. Just an FYI for ya I guess. :) Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
          X