Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media lab Speed issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media lab Speed issues

The computers are up in the media lab. I think they got a bunch of new stuff running in the background cause they were never this clunky when they were running a few weeks ago. 3000 polys causes pretty noticable drag. Going beyond that and it starts to turn into a slideshow. Maybe it is time to invest in a labtop with a decent video card... Other thing is I could've sworn these computers had 1 gig of memory. They only have 512. The non maya computers got 2 gigs and geforce 6600.
    Last edited by Bucket; September 11, 2006, 11:16.
    箴 言 18:12
    敗 壞 之 先 , 人 心 驕 傲 ; 尊 榮 以 前 , 必 有 謙 卑 。

There is also a weird thing that some of those machines have a bad video card, and some have a great one. There used to be a map of which had what.....

Comment

Yeah, the computers here in the media lab are unusably slow... They seem to work fine for photoshop and illustrator but they get extremely sluggish with Maya... btw - Was there a reason they went from quadro cards to geforce? i guess i should hurry up on building my computer..

Comment

Working...
      X